Can someone explain why I can't add a 6th mod on this Sword?

I bought this sword with the intention to craft the Vagan mod on it, so I was looking specifically for a 5th mod sword. However it doesn't let me add anything, does anyone know why that is? Thanks.

Your 130% Phys and +180 Accuracy is likely a Phys% + Hybrid (Phys%/+Accuracy) + Accuracy roll.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
So you're saying 2 of my mods are in reality 3? How am I supposed to know that? It's hard enough to know what are prefixes and suffixes, though that's manageable with a bit of Gamepedia on the side, but how am I supposed to choose a weapon and just hope it has 5 mods that are in fact 5?
Hi

there are some dual fixex you will know by the time...

some examples are:

Energy Shield% + Stun Recovery (Energie Shield % and Stun recovery both exist in single forms)
Armor % + Stun recovery
Evasion % + Stun recovery
Spell dmg % + Mana
Physical Damage % + accuracy
Item rarity can be a problem too: some items can have an rarity pre- & suffix

It can be helpfull to know the range of some fixes to identify its status of pre-/suffix and combination of fixes, you maybe like this link: http://www.poemods.com/

There should be no problem if you loot the item by yourself, the real problem occurs if you want to buy an item via trade. It could be helpfull to ask the seller to add the fix with his/her masters before you trade.
Last edited by SuMiXaN on Jun 6, 2015, 12:19:48 PM
I'm sorry, this is still not totally clear to me.
Does this mean that an item that has a % Increased Physical Damage mod and a +# Accuracy mod will have those 2 mods count as 3?

The problem persists if I loot the item by myself, because the problem here is I do not understand why I can't craft it. It's the first item I get that has this issue, it doesn't seem to be consistent with the mechanics that are all over the internet.

This item as far as I can see has 5 mods, and according to that website, 2 are prefixes and 3 are sufixes, so I don't see why I can't add any other prefix or any other mod for that matter.
Hi

No problem it can be confusing, i will try it again

A rare item like your weapon can have a lot of different fixes. The maximum number of fixes are 6 (3x Prefix + 3x Suffix)

Lets talk about +% increased physical damage on a One-handed sword like your:

There is a group of pre-fixes that can incresse the physical damage by %, you can only hit one fix of this group:

Heavy: 20-49%
Serrated: 40-69%
Wicked: 70-89%
Vicious: 90-109%
Bloodthirsty: 110-129%
Cruel: 130-149%
Tyrannical: 150-179%

Now there is a group of Suffixes that adds accuracy to your attacks (you can only hit one fix of this group):

of Calm: 1-15
of Steadiness: 16-60
of Accuracy: 61-100
of Precision: 101-130
of the Sniper: 131-165
of the Marksman: 166-200
of the Deadeye: 201-250
of the Ranger: 251-320

If you look at these list, your sword could hit cruel(130% phys dmg) eternal sword of the Marksman (180 Accuracy), but there is a second Group of Prefixes that can increase the physical damage % AND the Accuracy Rating! (you can only hit one prefix in this group)

Squire's: 10-24 phys dmg % and 3-7 Accuracy
Journeyman's: 25-34 phys dmg % and 8-30 Accuracy
Reaver's: 35-44 phys dmg % and 31-50 Accuracy
Mercenary's: 45-54 phys dmg % and 51-64 Accuracy
Champion's: 55-64 phys dmg % and 65-82 Accuracy
Conqueror's: 65-74 phys dmg % and 83-99 Accuracy
Emperor's: 75-80 phys dmg % and 100-135 Accuracy

With this third list there are some possible combination to hit your 130% physical damage and 180 Accuracy.

one example:

Sol Scratch Eternal Sword
Prefixes:
Wicked: 80 % physical damage
Mercenary's 50 % and 60 Accuracy
Tempered: Adds 17-36 physical damage

Suffixes:
of Precision: 120 Accuracy
of Fury: 25% Critical Strike Multiplier
of the Cloud: 7% Lightning Resistance

So the reason why you cant craft another prefix on your weapon is that your increased physical damage % and + accuracy Rating is split into 3 different fixes of 3 different groups of fixes. Something like that happens on armor pieces too. (Energyshield + Energyshield & Stun-Recovery + Stun Recovery) Or a ring can have a prefix with +8% increased rarity of items AND a suffix with + 8% increased rarity of items OR just one pre- or suffix with 16% rarity of items.

Thank you!
Seriously, thanks for the detailed explanation, I get it now. Though I was afraid something like that was happening, I really wish they would display the fixes separately as to make it much clearer how many there are. I actually thought that was the case already, I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two items that have fixes that do the same thing and could be merged, I think there might be some inconsistency there, but can't be sure.

Well, thanks again, next time I'll make sure to ask the seller to try the item first.

Take care!
I am happy you got it :)

Hopefully you can use your new sword without the last fix you tried to craft. GL for your next trade!

Maybe an Information of x unused fixes on every item would be helpfull...

Crafted this ring:

I know there are 3 fixes still available but its hard to sell a crafting-base like this, because it could be a double item rarity fix :S
I feel your pain. This is one area of the game (which let's face it, is all about the loot and trading for it) which is totally unacceptable. Seeing as the game already knows what mods on an item are a prefix, suffix or hybrid it shouldn't be that hard to have the stats displayed so each line has a S, P, or H in front of each line to denote a Suffix, Prefix or Hybrid. How simple would that be and how much easier for everyone who plays the game.

Throw in the visible item level too while we're at it (yes, I know a fix for this is coming in 2.0) and I'm a happy camper!
I really like the upcoming change which shows the itemlevel and maybe we will get a detailed Affix list on each item in the future (maybe with an on/off button in the options)

It could be a bit confusing for new players but lets be honest:

1. If you dont show them in detail mode there are still confusing situations (like this topic)
2. PoE isnt really designed for ARPG newbies and Affix-pools are a common system in that type of games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info