Chaos Inoculation (asking for advice)

Hello, i just wanted to know what are the mandatory nodes i should keep in mind when building chaos inoculation characters.

My idea is to try a CI summoner witch, but thats not the point xD, i never used energy shield, and im no pro at the game, so before trying something with it i wanted some advice :D.

I plan on playing in hardcore, and i really dont care about efficiency or speed, i just want to survive to have a safe first high level build to farm slowly but surely for later creations.

Thanks in advance.
Faster start of ES and Ghost Reaver.GR will increase your survival a lot.Avoid interruption nodes are probably good on CI since you stun more easily(especially when opening chests).
just a word of warning high ES gear tends to run expensive.

and Yah faster ES recharge and start of recharge is near mandatory. Ghost Reaver is not as mandatory (particularly with a summoner CI build) but with any build that is gonna get into the thick of things GR would be mandatory.

ERK EDIT: just saw you were doing Hardcore.............Ghost Reaver would be mandatory in all cases then along with anything that prevents freeze which will get you dead fast.

Last edited by SimianJyhad on Jun 6, 2015, 1:45:59 AM
Well, ghost reaver is really far from what im building in the tree, damn xD. But i wont be dealing much dmg tho, besides from traps eventually, how can i benefit from it?, and i cant find nodes that help me with the freezze :( this is getting hard lol
My advice is don't do it. ESPECIALLY if going into Hardcore. I know it's tempting but trust me on this... I've been playing this game for a year and I tried a full on CI build one time and I ended up deleting that toon.

you need proper gear first off. Eye of Chayula is mandatory. (Anti-stun amulet) if you don't have one, then get it right off the bat. Anti-Freeze gear is also mandatory... Dream Fragments is the best choice, but Wanderlust boots is much easier to get. There's also Alpha's Howl but I would not recommend that if you're going the Summoner route.

After that... you need Energy Shield... LOTS of energy shield. in order to survive endgame, you're going to need at least 7500+ ES from gear and the tree. As said before Ghost Reaver will help a ton, but I never made it that far.

I ended up getting frustrated with my CI build because No matter how much I thought I was prepared for it, I wasn't.

Good luck.

EDIT... As I'm sitting here I'm thinking Ghost Reaver won't be good for your build... Zealots Oath would be better but you need to get Life regen nodes from the tree in order to use it so don't forget to plan those in to your build. the Shaper notable is in perfect reach for you, and the probably the Quick Recovery cluster above that.
Last edited by SaintIrek on Jun 6, 2015, 2:06:25 AM
Thank you guys for the advice, and yeah, i think im frustrated already, i was theorycrafting the build and i need that amulet slot for minion dmg and life too, well i guess i tried to think about it xD, i ll go back to the hp templar summoner probably.
Ghost Reaver, faster start of ES recharge, anti-stun, and anti-freeze are NOT mandatory for running ES - but they are core components of most ES builds.

An obvious alternative is to run an ES tank centered around the ZO mechanic on the principle, "if they can't overcome your passive regeneration, they can't kill you even if you are frozen, stunned,... or AFK.".

Two examples:

Scionic Flametank - Incinerate version, strong tank (passives), decent gear.

Dy'Ness Tank - Firestorm version, extreme tank (passives), extremely good gear.

I consider my own Scionic Flametank build newbie friendly as I was a newbie when I made it based on Dy'Ness template (same core of passives to set up the regeneration), and it was incredibly easy to level. Once you've set up the starting 11.1% passive regen coupled with highly increased +armour%, all while you are still life-based, you are incredibly hard to kill and it only gets harder when you've picked up the ES nodes and go CI after that.

It should certainly be possible to amend that template for a summoner, deciding just how much of the regeneration aspect you want to keep and then building up minion nodes with points saved.

If playing hardcore, consider getting a Vaal Discipline (+Increased Duration) and it will serve as a "get out of jail free" escape card if your CI build is a CI tank.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jun 6, 2015, 3:23:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info