Fallout 4

Incredible base-building tutorial (advanced techniques made simple):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CR8nOTDhh8

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Inventory management is still PITA, same as in both previous TES:Fallout games. I wonder if there will be something like SkyUI for this one.

Kind of sad food isnt a thing too, we really need a proper survival mod for the game where you have to eat, drink and sleep, then maybe a sensible carry weight could make sense.

I don't increase my carry weight when I play, I kind of like the whole inventory micromanagement and I've been playing Bethesda games for a long time.

If you have the PC version, there were some great Skyrim mods that allowed you to play as a regular person (not Dragonborn), and you'd have a very low carry weight, would need to eat and drink at least twice per day (no raw food), would need to sleep regularly, and carry around a sleeping bag and tent when traveling in case you didn't make it to the next town the day you set out (as well as a campfire if travelling through the mountains or you'd freeze to death in your sleep). Of course all of these travelling supplies decreased your already atrocious carry weight. You also had severely decreased health, so no dungeon-delving for you Mr. NPC!

I'm sure mods like this do or will exist for Fallout also.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
I should go beat skyrim <.<
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I should go beat skyrim <.<

Leave Skyrim alone

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I've never played any of the fallout games, but this one looks rather compelling. Is the PC port any good? Since my abysmal experience with Dark Souls 2, I'm a bit skeptical that it isn't going to be plagued by control/camera issues.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
The camera is fine. Best advice I can give for playing in PC is to save often.

Crash to desktop happens perhaps too frequently. I found it often happens when using the map to quick travel.

So I got use to saving right before I use that function.
"
Antnee wrote:
I've never played any of the fallout games, but this one looks rather compelling. Is the PC port any good? Since my abysmal experience with Dark Souls 2, I'm a bit skeptical that it isn't going to be plagued by control/camera issues.

Bethesda have a long history of their PC UIs being completely inadequate, and this game is no exception. It's definitely meant to be played with a controller, so you'll probably be frustrated with the way menus work if you're using a mouse and keyboard.

This is the PC version though, so mods will fix those issues sooner or later (along with the usual numbers of bugs). It's also an FPS so I wouldn't worry too much about the camera, but if the FOV isn't big enough for you you'll need to go into the config files.

If you've played games like Skyrim or Oblivion then you'll get what this game is about pretty quickly.

Don't worry about not having played previous Fallout games. You don't need to, and they'll only give you false expectations for what this game is trying to be.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Antnee wrote:

I would actually suggest that you play FO3, first, and mebbe FO New Vegas. Both are available pretty cheaply (including all DLCs), have had (most of) their bugs squashed, and have story and lore elements (mostly FO3) which tie directly into FO4. Plus, they're a lotta fun, and have a HUGE body of mods available for PC. The older Fallout games are reportedly also good, but are essentially a different genre of games, set in the same world, sharing lore, but not necessarily providing the same game experience. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Nov 29, 2015, 11:35:25 PM
They're definitely worth playing, but I haven't seen them tie into FO4 in such a way you're really missing out if you don't know the lore.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
They're definitely worth playing, but I haven't seen them tie into FO4 in such a way you're really missing out if you don't know the lore.

Not missing out in a big way, necessarily, but there are connections between FO3 and FO4 which really pop for someone who has played both.

If you're gonna play the older games, best to play 'em first. Otherwise, they may seem dated after playing FO4. At any rate, FO4 out of the gate is still buggy, and the mods are only trickling in, as the Creation Kit has yet to be released. Waiting would go smoother while playing the earlier iterations, which are finished products with a plethora of DLC and mods supporting them. =^[.]^=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info