[1.3] Elemental Reaver, Cheap, 20k+ dps, Reflect Safe, 2.0 ready

Hello, This is my guide for Elemental Reave (reave skill combined with high AS, elemental auras, and flat elemental damage), it is cheap to gear for and very effective for clear speed while remaining safe from reflect. This is the guide for 1.3.

Overview of Elemental Reave

Cheap - A high AS weapon and auras is all you need
Scales - Benefits from uniques, and higher end weapons well
Reflect Safe - Stacking elemental res is very easy, and we do small hits at rapid speed instead of large slow hits which is what can lead to "one shotting" yourself
Clears Fast - Reave can be fine tuned to being a very large AOE ability or to do lots of single target damage
Modestly Safe - 4-5k+ HP, 500+ ES, 30% block, 30%+ phys reduction, 30%+ evade chance
Customize-able - Damage nodes can be dropped for more Armor or Life, Scion is very flex-able

Planned Tree
Spoiler

Current Stats
Spoiler

Level 70
Defense - 4k life, 400 es, 23% phys reduction, 35% phys reduction with EC, 28% chance to evade, 30% block chance, 75% Elemental Res, 10.8 mana sec, 131.8 life sec, 402 mana
Offense - 22.5k DPS (Reave, Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage, Conc Effect), 9.3 ApS, 28 life on hit, 15 mana on hit, 5% status aliment
Tree -
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56Ni9_gq3PkGHplc64fJFTeP-jzWSMglybGxGqW618sT2PC3Grv5UDc0rUBzOPQ935Xy7JItX4oKb7SDhc6IABLPwH8Bm73yf3xo4kFUnL-w4wBr60maeVdZk5xcvgKQWb3zZ9zJyqWBDbj0DljsogwnA40tX8bNvnpu1wzrKShqP9tr7CRmKHarhiEZxFr8Pq1M1VUth4iaVjDb79bQ45RlFfJeXaPI=
Bandits - Help Oak (40 life), Help Kraityn (8% AS), Kill All ( Skill Point)

Gear
Spoiler

A high attack speed foil is a very good weapon for this build, better yet if it has flat elemental damage on it too. High attack speed allows us to get the most out of our auras/heralds. A good way to find a cheap weapon is to look for flat elemental damage and master craft attack speed. The weapon below cost 1 chaos, and 3 alch to master craft, it was only 1.5k less dps then a foil I bought for a exalted.

Current Gear

Explanation - Alphas howl is going to be a big boost to aura damage, and helps a lot with mana reservation. They are fairly cheep at 10 chaos, however chromaticing them can be tricky. Lioneye's Remorse is a solid shield once our resistances are capped, they go for about 5-10 chaos. Thief's Torment is one of the best items for this build, it provides life and mana on hit. With very high attacks per a second and large aoe we are able to face tank packs, and also not worry about mana running out. The only downside is that it limits us to one ring, and it cost a exalted. Carcass jack is great 5 linked as it gives good stats, and also mimics a 6 link with increased AOE. A 5 link cost about 2-2.5 exalted, but a 4 link would work fine if you drop concentrated effect or weapon elemental damage. For the rest of the gear get weapon elemental damage, attack speed, and flat elemental damage, but you should prioritize life and capping res on gear first.

Elreon rings and amulets can also reduce the mana cost, even down to zero, I recommend them until you get a Theif's Torment. Another pro of them over Theif's Torment is easier capping res, more life, and more DPS. On the flip side I would remove a link from reave for life gained on hit.

Links
Spoiler

Reave - Multi-strike - Faster Attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased AOE (normal 5 link) - Concentrated Effect (would use over Increased AOE in a 5 Carcass Jack for more damage and less Aoe)

Wrath - Anger - Reduced Mana - Herald of Ice (aura set up for Alpha Howl, in 2.0 Reduced Mana will not be used for auras, instead Enlighten is what you want to use instead, so instead of RRBG you will want RBBG)

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Life Gain On Hit (fast way to travel leap slam could be used instead, with 2.0 I would use Fortify instead of LGOH)

Herald Of Thunder - Reduced Mana - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark (gives us leech and Endurance Charges, very good for face tanking packs, but elemental weakness could be used for more DPS)

Vengeance - Curse On Hit - Increased AOE - Warlord's Mark (allows us to keep up the Endurance Charges very easily when combined with Herald Of Thunder Curse On Hit)

Elemental Weakness (just carry one around, it can be helpful for bosses and tanky rares)

CWDT seems like it will be dead for EC and IC when 2.0 hits, CWDT and Molten Shell could be used instead

Leveling
Spoiler

I would go left first and get a few life regeneration and mana regeneration nodes. From here, if you want to level using spells I would continue left and go towards the Templar tree, but if you would like to use melee ASAP I would go right, or Shadow side. Life and Aura nodes should be prioritized. Around level 45ish is when Elemental Reave takes shape and becomes a great skill.

2.0?
Spoiler

Yes! This build should benefit quite nicely, Scion has access to many Jewels (6-7 easily gotten with this build), a new base claw is added to the game which gives life and mana on hit, auras are getting a slight damage buff, however Reduced Mana is removed from helping auras, instead Enlighten takes its place but is not nearly as good or as cheap.

Here is a skill tree I have quickly planned out for 2.0
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEsw3ND6sWbxa_Fy8YVhmKGjgajxzOHaokiySqJpUnLytQMgkyiTWSNuk62DrhOyg8BTwtQYdFfEZxSphLV03jVUtV1lfiWfNfsGBDYeJk52ZUZp5odGjybEZuPW-ecg9ybHKpd-V82YCkgpuDCYNfg8yExYuMjDaQVZRclG-UoJeXm7WiAKZXrKqvp7GztDi18rc-voDAZsDjwzrE9sauykrMZthN2L3aYuFz4YjjauUZ7SDtQe988B_xs_JF9tr3Mvnd-ej60vsJ-_X-Cv5U_o8=

If you have any questions feel free to ask below or PM me in-game.
My IGN: TrappinCoke
Last edited by Exotize on Jun 1, 2015, 3:43:24 PM
Updated: Leveling, Links, Gear, 2.0
mind adding leveling skill trees? (ex. level 20, level 40, level 60...)
May be me, but the 2.0 tree isn't loading in offline calc.
got any video?
i aint playing a bideo with out seeing how it fare
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info