Low life Viper striker SUPER OP

I'm not sure what makes this a Viper Strike build.
you took roughly... 6 Damage Over Time passives total?
and you are a lot more Crit-oriented in the gem setup, instead of using gems which benefit VS directly.

I think using Puncture would be a lot better for you, given the amount of damage and Crit you have.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 30, 2015, 6:45:41 AM
updated gear

Spoiler

"
johnKeys wrote:
I'm not sure what makes this a Viper Strike build.
you took roughly... 6 Damage Over Time passives total?
and you are a lot more Crit-oriented in the gem setup, instead of using gems which benefit VS directly.

I think using Puncture would be a lot better for you, given the amount of damage and Crit you have.

That's a problem inherent to the current Viper Strike mechanics. It simply scales with your DPS. So boring...
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
Version
Changes

This skill now adds 10% of physical damage as Chaos Damage and has a 50% chance to deal 175% of the attack's damage as chaos damage over seven seconds. The effect duration won't be refreshed by new attacks, but there is no limit to how many Viper Strike debuffs an enemy can have.

oops missed that.
was thinking about the "old" Viper Strike and how ungodly difficult it was to scale it.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
150% damage is weak when static strike do "110% + -30% of original strike" and shock ... it has a very strange crit multiplier on the secondary aoe effect... Apparently it "crits" twice, whenever the 110% is a crit, the 30% less damage of the original strike is critical strike too, the damage is boosted by the first crit then multiplied by the crit multiplier because this part of the attack is a crit too.

Am i clear?

So viper strike is weak. Static strike is OP, even more with a crit build.

puncture, in a pure physical build... will be better. But it's more powerfull with CI ( melee phys damage on full life )
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 30, 2015, 9:01:23 AM
Donno where you got that 150% from but it's clearly wrong. A specced VS has a much higher damage effectiveness than 150% versus high hp enemies.

is it possible to make a no OP build with 6l shav, loath bane and acuity?
well with your gear you can use w/e skill you want and it will poop on the ur enemys.

viper strike for me should be a "phisical spell thingy" it should scale with only chaos/DoT passives like elemental spell scale with X element.

it doenst make sense scaling with phi atks because you are poisoning the enemy, a simple cut should poison him, if you are gonna mutilate him whats the point in poisoning? its gonna die anyway..
Last edited by spoc002 on May 30, 2015, 6:47:17 PM
Could I please have your old belt??????????????????
"
DarkWap wrote:
is it possible to make a no OP build with 6l shav, loath bane and acuity?

It might be, you would have to invest heavily into minion damage and curse duration, or spend no passiv points at all ;)

PS: This thread is pretty pointless for the stated reason.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on May 31, 2015, 2:27:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info