Life Leech gear vs Life leech Passive vs Life Leech gem

Hi all,

So Ive been reading a bunch about Life Leach VS LGON but im a little confused about how life leech works in relation to other forms of leech,

So..
1-
How does life leech passive work with life leech gem?
-atm i'm running a cyclone build that has Cyclone, Faster attacks, Blood Magic, Melee Phys, and Life leech (gem) this is doing 1059dmg per second, wit an attack taking 0.4s

all of that is fine (first character so i'm just guessing) but i also have 2 pieces of gear that both have 2% Life leech on phys damage, I also have the passive Blood drinker giving 2% of phys dmg

How do these work with each other? am i only getting 2% total as LL?, I've been told that only the highest LL will count per second when there are multiple instances but i wasnt sure if that meant two LL on the same link or just multiple instances anywhere, so atm Id have 4 instances( Life link as Passve, gem and 2 pieces as gear all 2%) so 3 wouldnt count?

cheers all :)
Each Hit generates one instance of Leech based on the total amount of Leech you have, regardless of its source and type - Leech is Leech.

Also: Leech is of course based on Damage per Hit, not Damage per Second.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 29, 2015, 9:50:26 PM
All forms of Life leech are additive, as long as the damage dealt is relevant.

suppose you have infernal blow, linked to a L1 life leech gem, and you have a total of 4% of 'physical damage leeched as life' from gear or from the skill tree.

Infernal blow, as you probably know, converts 50% of your damage to fire. a L1 life leech gem gives it 5% of damage leeched as life.

suppose you deal 1000 damage. 50% of that is fire, because of infernal blow, so you deal a total of 500 fire damage and 500 physical damage.

due to the life leech gem, you leech 5% of that 500 fire damage, or around 25 life leeched.

due to the life leech gem and other life leech sources, you leech 9% of that 500 physical damage, or around 45 life leeched.

It's not that the highest Life Leech value counts, but the highest amount of life recovery due to life leech will be the one that has a higher precedence. If you want to understand more about that, I'd urge you to read about it, since you need to learn about leech rates and other interactions with leech as well.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Edit*

ohh thanks, yeah i'll keep reading i just made myself confused for a moment.

Cheers guys
Last edited by Caantpayrent on May 29, 2015, 10:23:34 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Also: Leech is of course based on Damage per Hit, not Damage per Second.
This did not occur to me. I must have skipped reading that part on the wiki, and thought that all the leech would kindly wait for its turn while it was being delivered at 20% of the maximum value every second. Though as it turns out, with my maximum life and rather low DPS, I get all the leech from a single hit at about the same rate as I attack. So for me it might as well have been based on DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info