"Animated Guardian"

How do I kill this unique boss "Animated Guardian"? Seems to be some kind of statue spamming spectral throw with an axe. It cannot be damaged in any way?? All it does is chase me through the entire map and it's a complete headache, making it nearly impossible to focus on difficult enemies.
Last bumped on Jun 4, 2017, 9:26:07 AM
It's a bloodline mod, 'bearers of the guardian' where each of the mobs with the mod has a piece of the guardian. When you kill the first one the guardian will spawn with the weapon and start attacking you, gaining another gear piece for each member of the group you kill. You can only damage it after you kill the whole bloodline group.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Or just lure him away to some quiet corner, pop a Quicksilver flask, and leave him there. :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Jesus, they need to make those mobs more obvious..

Corrupting Blood - "WTF OP DEBUFF" "Use staunching ._." "
Corrupted Bloodline - "WTF MYSTERIOUS BLEEDING" "Goes through traps, just roll staunching"
Animated Guardian - "WTF INVULNERABLE GUARDIAN" "Kill blue mobs with 'bearers of the guardian'"
Spawn of Abbaxxoth - "MYSTERIOUS UNIQUE RIPPERINO"

Like, some glossary in-game for people to look at for these special effects. Could be made to fit themetically, like

"Year 50 at Lioneye's Watch, Day 212

We found some corpses of our fellow exiles down the coast, oozing blood from every pore of their body. Nearby, a mysterious champion zombie lay slain. I tried to turn over the corpse to see it had anything valuable underneath it, and immediately felt faint. I was sweating profusely strangely. My friend shouted at me to get back, pulling me away with blood-stained hands as he forced a potion down my throat. I felt better at once

Ah...that was my blood was it, flowing out from all over me.

Corrupting Blood is a menace that not long ago started spawning on certain monsters that inhabit the coast. Why it does not affect the monster itself is uncertain, but those who attack the monster are inflicted with an extremely deadly debuff that bleeds them away quickly. The affliction stacks in a short amount of time, making quick work of unsuspecting adventurers, even killing some of the more veteran ones in mere seconds. Staunching potions apparently ward off this malaise, but sometimes it's too late..."

"Revival of Sarn, Year 4 Day 4

A strange towering abomination of various equipment bangs at the doors of the encampment every night, keeping us from sleeping. It's impervious to damage, shrugging off even arrows of the most experienced exile in our encampment. Everyday we are unable to sleep, the fear of the giant breaking in and killing us all clouding our minds with unease. Keane has already succumb to his insomnia, we found his mangled remains rotting under the feet of the giant. We wonder if the very strange exile that slew Piety will come back to rid us of this terror. Perhaps it is divine retribution for opposing the gods...

Revival of Sarn, Year 4 Day 7

The giant is no more. The exile that slew piety came back, and dispatched it with ease. He did not ask for a reward, but told us of a corruption that gives the giant might strength, drawn from the life of certain roving packs of monsters. Of these monsters that shone a faint blue, there were what he called 'the bearers of the guardian', monsters with a bloodline to summon forth a guardian when one of theirs were slain. For as long as one of them breathed, the Guardian would resist any attacks, and not even the strongest exile out there could damage it. Nor would the monsters themselves take damage from the guardian being hit, it simply was ineffectual. As retribution, he blew up the corpse of a devourer carrying the last of its bloodline, and smiled to himself. These exiles have strange humour..."
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
that is a great idea! I think most of all went through EXACTLY these reasoning when those things happens 1, 2 3 times until u have a clue about it and go google for an answer (as i just have done about the guardian hehe).
dude journal entries like that would be fking awesome for poe! if ggg dont have the time to put in the effort to make good stories and lore for them, then they should just let creative community members like yourself do the writing for it!! i would love that, and it wouldnt affect the overall lore too much, it would essentially just be a bestiary!

+1 i want this
yep - totally agree !
nice writing, really !
"
Exialis wrote:
Jesus, they need to make those mobs more obvious..

Corrupting Blood - "WTF OP DEBUFF" "Use staunching ._." "
Corrupted Bloodline - "WTF MYSTERIOUS BLEEDING" "Goes through traps, just roll staunching"
Animated Guardian - "WTF INVULNERABLE GUARDIAN" "Kill blue mobs with 'bearers of the guardian'"
Spawn of Abbaxxoth - "MYSTERIOUS UNIQUE RIPPERINO"

Like, some glossary in-game for people to look at for these special effects. Could be made to fit themetically, like

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_bloodline_modifiers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info