Demon King Armour Set Preview

"
Tupelo wrote:
Is it great that every new/nice lookin armor set is bought with real money without any lvl req / skill / knowing about the game?
No, I don't think so.

I wanna play the game and as I get further new armor types will drop/unlock, some more nice than others, everyone have different taste ofc. But right now almost every dropped piece looks like garbage and the nice ones you have to buy with real money.

To look good in poe you have to pay real money and I think that fact take away alot of good rpg feeling from playing the game.

I also think that having armor/weapon skins in the cash shop feels like the devs are putting in more effort in making cool stuff to buy with your money instead of putting the focus on finishing 3d art for uniques, fixing graphic on existing ones and non-unique armors and weapons.

Please consider to make the armor/weapon skins drop instead of buying them,
or give them an in game requirement even though you buy it with real money
(something like "kill *** boss" / "Complete all quests in merciless" / "complete that achivement" / "complete a map with *?*?* mods" / "kill *** monsters within x sec/min" etc.)

There's some great looking "free" armour in the game. I would support being a certain level before you could use ____ mtx (angel wings, maybe?), but that doesn't make financial sense.

Nothing in this game "looks like garbage" (except the garbage, of course). I can't stand the wings, but they are quite well done - and I appreciate the talent that went into creating them.

To look different in POE, you have to pay real money. It's GGG's business model, and it seems to be working very well. Good for them; but people wouldn't stay and play and throw money their way if the game was no good. The balance between tasking artists to work on mtx's or "free" content is likely one of the main challenges faced by a F2P developer.

GGG awarded armour pieces for certain achievements during the last league; awesome idea, hope they do it again soon.

At the end of the day, it take money to keep this company (and game) running, so I do not begrudge GGG allocating assets towards shop items. I've given them a fair chunk of money over the years, but I see evidence of what they're doing with my $$$ on a very regular basis. In return, I get some nifty looking gear, and a very cool pet. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Have fun!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on May 29, 2015, 12:41:38 PM
meh
gorgeous badass! :)
hmm... WTB moar money :D

btw. to all those QQ about omg another mtx and nothing for the poor ones...
lol... folks... if you play this game for some aesthetics you just masturbate your ego.
It is not a developer fault that your ego desires things you cannot afford and/or thus envy it on others.

If I buy a mtx I do it to fit my avatar's personality (call that a part of RPG) and not to flex and fap-fap my ego or fap-fap my ego showing to others how rich I am or how much money I got from parrents with QQ and never earned a single penny myself...

And if I buy a mtx, my thoughts are not like: OMG FU GGG so much money you scam from us just to look good in game...
but it is: HELL YEAH, HERE TAKE MY MONEY AS YOU DESERVE IT...

MTX is for showing support and not some ego-hurt QQ

If you cant bear with that go look for a therapeutist or ZEN master, or w/e ... or just get mature.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on May 29, 2015, 1:32:55 PM
"
Tupelo wrote:
Looks really good. But I think it should'nt be an mtx, should be dropped by monsters ingame.

Sure it's great poe is a f2p game that survives on stash tabs + mtx cash.
Is it great that every new/nice lookin armor set is bought with real money without any lvl req / skill / knowing about the game?
No, I don't think so.

I wanna play the game and as I get further new armor types will drop/unlock, some more nice than others, everyone have different taste ofc. But right now almost every dropped piece looks like garbage and the nice ones you have to buy with real money.
You see someone cool/badass flexin in town but instead of thinking
"woah, that guy must have played day-in-day-out since release! Im so jelly I need to invest even more time than I already do in this game.."
you think
"hmm, I wonder how much money that guy spent on that..".

To look good in poe you have to pay real money and I think that fact take away alot of good rpg feeling from playing the game.

Ofc you gonna have the mtx shop(even though I would rather pay once>monthly for the game but than be able to get the effects and armors from the cash shop in game from monsters/shops instead.), it's your income for working on the game.
I think that weapon effects/pets/footprints/back attachement/skillSkins/stash tabs should be what you buy from there.
Make the armor/weapon skins drop ingame, you still make a ton of money but you add ALOT more rpg feeling to the game.

I also think that having armor/weapon skins in the cash shop feels like the devs are putting in more effort in making cool stuff to buy with your money instead of putting the focus on finishing 3d art for uniques, fixing graphic on existing ones and non-unique armors and weapons.

(something like "kill *** boss" / "Complete all quests in merciless" / "complete that achivement" / "complete a map with *?*?* mods" / "kill *** monsters within x sec/min" etc.)
or my final suggestion,
make achivements/maps/bosses(/races maybe.) grant a tiny amount of mtx points so that you don't HAVE TO pay real money for your looks you can also play the game and get other rewards than just currency and numbers on your character sheet/gear(ofc I love them numbers to.).

This is not by any means a complaint, it's a suggestion from a devoted player to make a game so many people love even better and more loved.

Path of Exile is the best game I know but it can still improve alot.

1.) Only the poor who cant afford anything are complaining. Be glad that you dont have to buy the game like Diablo 3 and it is for free.
2.) MTX shouldnt drop in the game lol .... why should ? I barely play, which means I would never drop it and you can play 16 hours daily and drop more mtx just because you are an unemployed nolifer who has no kids, wife etc and all he do is playing games ? No thanks. MTX is the reason why the game is still runing as a f2p model. What do you think where does the money come from to pay the devs and the servers and everything... ?
3.) Dont play if you dont like looking like shit, because its intended. If you want to look good pay for it.
4.) Get a job and buy mtx and stop complaining here gosh because it isnt a suggestion like u are saying its a QQ post.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on May 29, 2015, 1:27:53 PM
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:

1.) Only the poor who cant afford anything are complaining. Be glad that you dont have to buy the game like Diablo 3 and it is for free.
2.) MTX shouldnt drop in the game lol .... why should ? I barely play, which means I would never drop it and you can play 16 hours daily and drop more mtx just because you are an unemployed nolifer who has no kids, wife etc and all he do is playing games ? No thanks. MTX is the reason why the game is still runing as a f2p model. What do you think where does the money come from to pay the devs and the servers and everything... ?
3.) Dont play if you dont like looking like shit, because its intended. If you want to look good pay for it.
4.) Get a job and buy mtx and stop complaining here gosh because it isnt a suggestion like u are saying its a QQ post.

^^

nailed it! :D
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
I like it a lot but the concept still looks way better. I think the MTX needs to have the mist added. Loving this dark/evil stuff vs the clown wings etc by the way. And for all the cloak lovers, you can always go back to WoW ;)
What was wrong with this version?!

Edit:
boptop wrote: "The initial screenshot looks like the helm from the Infernal Set and the rest is from the Demon set"

This is hopefully true. That helmet on screenshot above is really kickass.
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
Last edited by mireklefou on May 30, 2015, 8:10:31 AM
rip money
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
"
Tupelo wrote:
Looks really good. But I think it should'nt be an mtx, should be dropped by monsters ingame.

Sure it's great poe is a f2p game that survives on stash tabs + mtx cash.
No, I don't think so.

You see someone cool/badass flexin in town but instead of thinking
"woah, that guy must have played day-in-day-out since release! Im so jelly I need to invest even more time than I already do in this game.."
you think
"hmm, I wonder how much money that guy spent on that..".

Ofc you gonna have the mtx shop(even though I would rather pay once>monthly for the game but than be able to get the effects and armors from the cash shop in game from monsters/shops instead.), it's your income for working on the game.
I think that weapon effects/pets/footprints/back attachement/skillSkins/stash tabs should be what you buy from there.
Make the armor/weapon skins drop ingame, you still make a ton of money but you add ALOT more rpg feeling to the game.

or my final suggestion,
make achivements/maps/bosses(/races maybe.) grant a tiny amount of mtx points so that you don't HAVE TO pay real money for your looks you can also play the game and get other rewards than just currency and numbers on your character sheet/gear(ofc I love them numbers to.).

This is not by any means a complaint, it's a suggestion from a devoted player to make a game so many people love even better and more loved.

Path of Exile is the best game I know but it can still improve alot.

To be fair.. it would be nice if some items dropped for cosmetic skin transfers (still requires some real $$). For example, Death's Oath or Silken hoods are something I've skin transferred before-- and I'd like to see other cool stuff available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info