weird

"
raics wrote:
"
Uthenera wrote:
There's another thing, know blackguards that charge yeah?
I kind of wondered why they do damage with that charge, i mean you are being hit with a shield that has no spikes on it, it's totally flat, shouldn't you get a knockback and/or a little stun instead of damage? :D

The only thing I'm sure of is I wouldn't want to get hit by that :)

I think Mark has the upper hand there, the description says "Charges at an enemy, bashing it with the character's shield while striking with a fist or melee weapon", you supposedly use the shield only to stun and the momentum to hit harder, it's just the animation that looks harmless.

Think it could have been done better then, for example they bash you with a shield, you fall on ur arse, and then they strike you with a blade. Properly performed and animated this could look quite badass. :P
Oh well, just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Uthenera on May 29, 2015, 3:02:38 PM
Which part of a devourer is its arse?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 29, 2015, 4:25:07 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Which part of a devourer is its arse?

I think to figure that one, you'd need to pull it out of the ground. :P
Speaking of them, i just loved how 6 or 7 devourers at once popped from under me today in the maze, that was some instant rape <3
Last edited by Uthenera on May 29, 2015, 4:28:36 PM
"
Uthenera wrote:
I kind of wondered why they do damage with that charge, i mean you are being hit with a shield that has no spikes on it, it's totally flat, shouldn't you get a knockback and/or a little stun instead of damage? :D
PS: Let's compile all the funny stuff and let Mr.Mark explain it all. :P

By the same reason running into a wall hurts like hell. You don't need spikes to do damage if you are getting bashed with a metal shield.
"
Adser wrote:
"
Uthenera wrote:
PS: Let's compile all the funny stuff and let Mr.Mark explain it all. :P

By the same reason running into a wall hurts like hell. You don't need spikes to do damage if you are getting bashed with a metal shield.

That would apply if you we're plain naked, but you need to account that you're quite above a mere meatbag, you are shielded and armored and full of gems and stuff, what's a mere shield against you?
It should have been done at least as i have proposed in the following posts to make it seem less ridiculous.
"
Adser wrote:
You don't need spikes to do damage if you are getting bashed with a metal shield.

Yup, shields can be quite deadly. If your shield is braced (and larger shields usually are), you can use its reinforced edge to strike very fast since it goes sideways and there is very little air resistance. If it's sturdy enough it can split an unprotected head like a watermelon or bash a helmet in with little trouble.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So do you have one for zombie spawning from a skeleton?
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Honsales wrote:
Maybe possible with this to auto generate XP?

No, Mobs spawned by other mobs don't give exp.

Stuff like necromancers, fracture, lunaris animators zombies don't give experience.

The crabs and I think the big zombie monsters from act 4 give exp though.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Last edited by PrinceOfPuddles on May 29, 2015, 6:37:04 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Adser wrote:
You don't need spikes to do damage if you are getting bashed with a metal shield.

Yup, shields can be quite deadly. If your shield is braced (and larger shields usually are), you can use its reinforced edge to strike very fast since it goes sideways and there is very little air resistance. If it's sturdy enough it can split an unprotected head like a watermelon or bash a helmet in with little trouble.

You sound almost as if you tried it yourself, i think if you could bash a helmet in, there would be no point in wearing helmets at all. :P

But anyways, i am not disputing the viability of using shield as a weapon (speaking of which, do we have a lot of gems that use shield as a weapon? i can't recall anything except charge i think) but the fact that it looks.. underwhelming. Still, i guess the fights ain't supposed to be all that impressive in the first place in poe.

They are too fast paced and too messy in most cases to enable you to see much detail in where the epicentre of the mess is.
In my cases it's mostly a big pile of meat salad especially when against something nasty, could never tell what's what in those piles.
Last edited by Uthenera on May 29, 2015, 6:44:40 PM
"
Uthenera wrote:
You sound almost as if you tried it yourself, i think if you could bash a helmet in, there would be no point in wearing helmets at all. :P

Heh, of course not, but shield techniques aren't exactly lost arts, you know, no need to bother reviving Leonidas :)

Of course, I was assuming a direct hit, most helmets can't really take a direct hit from something hefty, if they end up too thick and heavy you won't be able to keep your neck straight after an hour. So, they are instead constructed with as much slopes as possible, something like modern tank domes, they had pointed visors or are shaped like a wedge that can turn thrusts and vertical swipes into glancing blows that would otherwise cut into your head.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info