Loot Chance and builds - It Blows

Been playing on and off for a while now. I really like the game and I always come back. But...

The loot system really has alot to be desired. With all the balancing going on in the last few years it has really effected the number of builds you can run and still get good loot.

So the choice is to play one of the multitude of builds listed in the forums and get pretty much crappy loot or go with one of the few builds that let you stack IIR/IIQ.

The loot is the carrot. Advancement and new stuff keeps me going.

Every new build I try gets old fast when the carrot is not there. So what if you can clear a map in record time. If your not being rewarded you lose interest fast...

Anyone else feel this way?

NS
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't think you are alone a few people have posted in the "Am I ever gonna drop anything decent?"

I think divination cards will fix this issue to a certain extent, but if every unique drop chance was increased, so does the "inflation" of such unqiues which doesn't solve the issue completely or more then likely correctly.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Mostly you save to buy stuff that you want, which looks intimidating until you master how to build currencies and learn the economy. Don't have to channel spam 12 hours a day, but knowing a bit will go a long way.
My complaint is about how it limits me and the builds I run and the impact on the game. I farmed the crap out of the docks early on to get my Andav Rings and other gear that gives IIR/IIQ.

I would hate to be a new person coming into this game. You need gear to get gear. And you need the right kind of gear.

The vets with gear and legacy gear have a huge advantage with drops. Add this to how the game is tightening up and you can see the situation its causing.

If your playing loot quest your a vet playing a hand full of builds that allow it.

The game needs some change in this area...

NS
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
My complaint is about how it limits me and the builds I run and the impact on the game. I farmed the crap out of the docks early on to get my Andav Rings and other gear that gives IIR/IIQ.

I would hate to be a new person coming into this game. You need gear to get gear. And you need the right kind of gear.

The vets with gear and legacy gear have a huge advantage with drops. Add this to how the game is tightening up and you can see the situation its causing.

If your playing loot quest your a vet playing a hand full of builds that allow it.

The game needs some change in this area...

NS

Thats a huge misconeption to say you need legacy items in order to find anything.

People in temp leagues don't have anything from day one and somehow build up wealth to gain all the items that people in standard can get except for perfect mirrored items and a few legacy items. But most legacy items are simple value changes that don't remove the use from the new version (aka they are still useful if you swap them with non legacy counterparts)

Of course if you are trying to find loot a person that already has tons of builds from previous leagues or playthrus will have an advantage, they've already geared multiple characters they can play. If you want to start on the same field as others, play in temp leagues, everyone starts with nothing on day 1, if you want to progress longterm you play in standard, but the mentality that someone else has stuff you don't and its unfair or not right is so wrong, they've played the game before you and found the items before you, like I said if you want a level playing field that is EXACTLY what temp leagues are for.

Again divination cards will change this significantly.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
As always, I'm profoundly irritated that people compete with somebody else's gear and not for their own satisfaction. (Getting to level 100, watching a build come together, race quickly, etcetera.)

What somebody else has doesn't affect you. Not even in standard.
"

What somebody else has doesn't affect you. Not even in standard.

That's not true at all. Well, I guess if you play this game like it was a single player (solo self-found), then perhaps.
Its not about legacy gear... Re read my post. Its about being locked into a small amount of builds if you want to get loot.

There is a big difference in drops between low and high IIR/IIQ. Huge.

If your not playing for drops than what are you playing for? Most are playing for drops. You need drops for builds.

As for new folks easily getting drops... I beg to differ. Unless they are buying them with real money.

You have to farm and buy them. Like one person said... I'm a garbage collector.

I can easily use all portals on a map with high IIR/IIQ. 1-1.5 with none. Thats a huge difference in cash flow.

NS
IIR and IIQ are the problem, just like "Magic Find" in other games.

When you have limited content (a Map has X minions, etc), it ultimately boils down to 2 types of builds:
1 - Builds that can run full IIQ/R gear and still clear well
2 - Builds that can't.

When developers give you a huge tree with endless possibilities, but then give you a choice "Have fun with 1000 builds, or be efficient with 3" then it is purely bad design.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on May 28, 2015, 8:57:22 PM
"
Nurvus wrote:
IIR and IIQ are the problem, just like "Magic Find" in other games.

When you have limited content (a Map has X minions, etc), it ultimately boils down to 2 types of builds:
1 - Builds that can run full IIQ/R gear and still clear well
2 - Builds that can't.

When developers give you a huge tree with endless possibilities, but then give you a choice "Have fun with 1000 builds, or be efficient with 3" then it is purely bad design.

3) builds that clear faster than 1, but can still have MF.

E: the bad design part is that MF between sources multiplies
Last edited by SL4Y3R on May 28, 2015, 9:18:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info