This game is overheating my CPU, why?

it's an old rig but I still play things like skyrim on higher settings(not high Aa though), and it run fine and never overheats.

This game? every time I fight merevil I have a 50% chance of having my computer shut off.

I don't understand why. After the first time I turned everthing down to the minimum, except reso, which i turned down to the second lowest possible, since the lowest made it impssible to read the item font.

Still overheats. Seriously, WTH?

Also this website is messed up. It constantly uses 30-50% of my cpu for no good reason whatsoever (chrome). You really should get someone to figure out what's going on in the code to cause that, because that's just ridiculous.
Last edited by vhatever on May 27, 2015, 8:14:32 PM
Because you have inadequate cooling in your PC and PoE is a very demanding game?

Get a better cooling or higher-end CPU that can keep up.

Sounds like it's not just the game causing problems... and being able to play "other games" is no indication of performance or demand.
You have absolutely no idea if I have adequate cooling or CPU specs, since you aren't inside my computer and don't even know my specs, so quit pulling nonsense out of your ass.

And you obviously know little about computers, or you'd know what a benchmark is. If there was no correlation to graphical load/CPU pergformance, than graphic benchmarks wouldn't exist as they wouldn't be useful judges of anything.

If you want to be me a brand new gaming rig, go right ahead, man. I'll test it out and let ya know how it goes, ok?

I didn't say it had anything to do with graphics.

I said poe is very demanding... because it is.

As for your first statement, I know a lot about computers as I have both a CS and Eng degree. I don't have to know anything about your system to make the statement that if your PC is overheating, you have inadequate cooling.

If you had adequate cooling, then your PC wouldn't overheat. It's not rocket science.. just thermodynamics.
Last edited by Drakier on May 27, 2015, 9:11:43 PM
What, did you not want your CPU to ever be 100% utilized?

Your overheating CPU needs more cooling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info