I would prefer if the Rarity of the Divination Card reward is reflected in the size of the stack

So here's the thing: we already have super rare stuff in the game: they are the uniques, the mirrors and eternals and so on.

If we are to introduce a parallel system which smooths the randomness and makes you able to work towards a goal, I would prefer it if the drop rate of ANY divination card is the same.

What I would like GGG to do is to play with the stack size required in order to reflect the rarity of the reward.

1 rare ring reward? The number of cards in the stack required: 5.
Leveling Unique? 10 cards in the stack.
10 Mirrors? 10,000 cards in the stack.

I prefer this, instead of making the rarity of the card different for every Divination Card possible.
If the rarity is played with, then we end up with the same problem: rare cards for rare rewards so RNG still has the same impact.

If we play instead with the stack number, the odds can be kept similar but now the feeling of making slow progress is there.

Discuss?

TLDR:

All cards drop at the same frequency - no matter the reward.
It is the number of cards needed which determines how strong the reward is.

Last edited by Kranyum on May 27, 2015, 6:04:48 PM
I think that this is what they might do to some extent

probably no 10,000 cards but some may require five while others require 25

Im wondering how these cards will be valued as in how much they will sell for

all in good time I guess
I dont see any any key!
it will be both ( stack size and rarity )
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
it will be both ( stack size and rarity )

OP was suggesting GGG leaves the rarity alone and rather change stacks to reflect the rarity of the reward.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Thing is... they can change rarity later on the fly. Changing stack size would piss off the players who have part done.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 27, 2015, 6:56:06 PM
^This.

And also keep in mind the extremes. If the rarity is flat then the highest tier stack size will be driven by the lowest tier stack size (since that will be the lowest common denominator). Since rarity of getting cards is directly influenced by in game things, you can assume that the card that gives somethings like 10 Alterations will be nearly the lowest stack size you can get. Now imagine that represents the 1/1 stack size. The exalted orb will be multiplied by that....

Basically what I'm saying is the lowest common denominator will represent the smallest stack size, and the higher tier things will simply multiplied by rarity. No doubt they will also take into account alternate means to acquire currency in the stack (For instance alterations are very common just through vendoring items).

I think the stack size of highly rare items/currency will be off putting (even if it actually represents a similar outcome...just more predictable).

EDIT:

For reference, there is a site with relative drop rates for currency (not sure how accurate but thinking it was data mined). In there it states:

You will see 1600 exalted orbs drop for each mirror of kalandra you see drop.

Still think that stack size for mirror would be 10000? :)

Last edited by Nubatron on May 27, 2015, 7:42:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info