[Suggestion] different challenge leagues to encourage more hardcore play

Currently:
  • Challenge modifiers (such as Torment and Bloodlines) apply to just one league each, both temporary. Resulting problem: Permanent Hardcore is very boring ghost town.
  • Temporary hardcore league dumps into Standard. Resulting problem: players whose main interest is temporary softcore league have low incentive to try out temporary hardcore league.

Suggestion:
  • For each set of two challenge modifiers, one applies to both temporary leagues, while the other applies to both hardcore leagues. Temporary hardcore league gets both. Result: interesting rotation of challenge modifiers onto pre-existing characters in permanent hardcore.
  • As temporary hardcore league is now strictly more difficult than temporary softcore league, it now dumps dead characters into temporary softcore instead of Standard. Result: more temporary league players start in temporary hardcore league and play there at least until their first death.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 4, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'd rather have them implement perma-death for hardcore, to be honest. Not much of a fan of this "dump into standard" thing. Doesn't feel hardcore to me.

That said, I clearly see your point and I think it's a good one. Question is though: would it lead to more hardcore players, or less? Considering how fun most of the standard challenge leagues have been, if dead hardcore players were dumped there, I think there is a good chance they would simply continue playing instead of re-rolling. I would for sure, anyway. But I'm not your typical hardcore player either, so. :)

I definitely believe it would have a lot more players *trying out* hardcore. Only a fraction would stay; most would still play temp league softcore. But step one is still getting them to at least try the green eggs and ham.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info