So, explain this to me...

"
Saltygames wrote:
"
Draeil wrote:
I used to run hatred + grace + herald of ash with a alphas howl (and a lvl 17 reduced mana gem). Does this means i need to invest points in mana reduction in the passive tree to still run that setup?

go here and calcuate it:

https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/

But yeah you'll need it, even ha lvl 4 enlighten wont be anough, lololol

You need 14% reduced mana reserved and a lvl 3 Enlighten in order to run Hatred + HoA + Grace/Determination without any mana remaining. If you run your skills off of mana, the requirements are even higher! I think this is pretty ridiculous considering that enemies are only getting tougher.

For phys builds, the standard setup is Hatred + HoA (+ Grace/Determination, at least in HC). If you want to use these three things when starting on the left side of the tree, Sovereignty + a lvl 3 Enlighten will work... only if you run all your skills on Blood Magic (and assuming you don't use Alpha's Howl). If you want to run skills on mana, Champion of the Cause is the next obvious node to grab, but it only gives 4% reduced mana reserved, which is hardly any extra mana in most cases. The right side of the tree has a similar situation for that setup. You need Charisma + the node by Influence + lvl 3 Enlighten, and you'll have almost no mana remaining (unless you use Alpha's Howl)! What is this? I get that GGG wants to make our aura choices tougher, but frankly that's stupid when the game is only getting harder. To leave out HoA is crazy (lower clear speeds = more damage taken), to leave out Determination/Grace is suicide, and you know Hatred isn't getting dropped. If GGG wants this to work, they need to lower the mana reservation costs of some of those auras just a little more.

What kills me about the Reduced Mana change is that it's supposed to be about variety and reeling in some power for auras specs, but you know what? People are going to try to squeeze in the same exact auras they were using by traveling to more aura nodes when possible and using Enlighten when they hit endgame. It's a kick in the balls to many builds, especially while leveling. I feel like it just limits what we do on the tree or forces us into using specific uniques, like Alpha's Howl or Lightning Coil, which is also terrible!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I always liked playing tankier meele builds in POE, that usually means running grace/determination + hatred and using skills on mana leech. After the change it looks like using facebreakers + bm and cyclone or soul taker + any skill is the best choice for almost any non crit meele build. So unless you have some mirrored 500 dps weapon it will be always better to use these uniques over rare weapons (that would make you drop hatred, use bm or spend lots of skillpoints). That is really a great way to increase diversity...
Changing reduced mana to enlighten is not a sollution it is just a very stupid change benefiting rich players who can afford 40 ex gems.
Examine your reaction to the following, and perhaps you'll see why some (those who decry the change) are frustrated:

- We have added several more options to use instead of reduced mana, to encourage diversity!! Please test them for us!

- We have made reduced mana into enlighten, to reduce socket pressure and encourage diversity!! Please test... the amount of time it takes to find and level an enlighten gem. Yeah, we have nerfed the number of auras most people can get, realistically.

... If you white knights didn't catch it, you can't encourage more walking by cutting off a leg. Instead a zimmer frame, crutches and a wheelchair might be reasonable alternatives.

GGG, Chris, whoever, you're reaping what you've sewn. You didn't want a proper beta with real testing, you're releasing things to a race environment and expecting proper feedback without setting targets, pointing at issues to be tested or using a phased approach. Frankly, I suspect you're going to end up with a heap of slag if you don't make an about-face - divination cards and other vaguely hinted things notwithstanding. I hope to be wrong.
It's not that GGG wants people to use Enlighten, it's that GGG thinks that people are still using auras too much with too little investment. Auras were supposed to be powerful. You were supposed to make decisions on which auras to run. But then everybody ran auras and you know what happened.

But if you really want to run auras so badly, there'll be the enlighten gem. It's like how Enhance is for people who really want quality, and Empower is for people who really want to push their gems to the limit.

Anyway, there's aura reservation nodes (although the one for duelist/marauders suck, which will probably be buffed/changed) all around the tree if you REALLY want to run those auras which used to cost 100% total.

And I've seen my friend play the beta, the aura changes just makes you use heralds if you can't afford to reserve the mana.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
there is no point, its a woefully clueless, out of touch, destructive, idiotic change that is absolutely terrible for the game and they dont have a clue because theyve completely lost touch with the game itself outside of server statistics.

2 aura builds being mana locked, lvl4 enlighten required to get around it, eb, awful changes, clueless, awful, destructive changes. Johns right, nuking build diversity, itll exist but only for people with lvl4 enlightens, which will be more rare than shavs, so they basically took gargantuan sections of builds, a lot of which are very basic, underwhelming, previous nooby friendly builds and made them even more exclusive than shavs builds... retarded, it is actually fucking retarded and I have no faith in these devs any more, no faith in where this game is going, will never donate money to them again, will likely never play a serious character outside of standard league ever again.

Congratulations on destroying your fucking game guys, well done.
while the shifting of the burden of RM to enlighten is definitely head-scratching and puzzling and largely illogical to put it lightly, I don't really understand the hysteria you're having here.

nothing is destroyed [yet] and will likely never be destroyed. at the very worst we'll just have a situation similar to RM. this game underwent so many changes from the [old] CB, there were hundreds of changed more important than this one.
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
there is no point, its a woefully clueless, out of touch, destructive, idiotic change that is absolutely terrible for the game and they dont have a clue because theyve completely lost touch with the game itself outside of server statistics.

2 aura builds being mana locked, lvl4 enlighten required to get around it, eb, awful changes, clueless, awful, destructive changes. Johns right, nuking build diversity, itll exist but only for people with lvl4 enlightens, which will be more rare than shavs, so they basically took gargantuan sections of builds, a lot of which are very basic, underwhelming, previous nooby friendly builds and made them even more exclusive than shavs builds... retarded, it is actually fucking retarded and I have no faith in these devs any more, no faith in where this game is going, will never donate money to them again, will likely never play a serious character outside of standard league ever again.

Congratulations on destroying your fucking game guys, well done.

+1.000.000.000.000.000.000

I, too, think that i am at least for a period done with this "game" (more like a second, FRUSTRATING JOB, than a game). Applause to the devs even by me, for destroying the moral successor of the legendary Diablo 2 in the name of your fucking "hardcoreness"/no power creep/NERF HAMMER

aw here comes the over exaggeration

since the original open beta this game has undergone more changes than michael jackson (rip) since the 60s

the ever-changing meta is a feature of this game. every major patch this game brought tons of changes and killed a ton of builds, while usually enabling other builds. every. single. major. patch.

permanence is the OPPOSITE of GGGs plan for this game. if someone wants previous metas, theres legacy gear in standard. and let me assure I have nothing against standard, I play standard 99% time for christs sake. but GGG treats it like a red-haired stepchild because its main focus are temp leagues.

none of the changes so far are out of GGGs scope, none of them are unprecedented or uncharacteristic to warranty a hissy fit thrown over, and yes that includes the RM->enlighten debacle. in fact, the major concern of many players- desync- is lifted. compared to desync the RM->enlighten issue is like a mosquitos penis to statue of liberty. especially in temp leagues where enlighten power creep just will not happen, good luck getting it to level 3/4 in short timespan.

that is not to say there isnt any issue, just a poorly handled solution to a rather localized problem is hardly a reason to quit or trash the game.
Last edited by grepman on May 31, 2015, 10:50:03 PM
so many things changed so many builds were butchered throughout the times

back in [old] CB I believe you could have 2 totems out without passives AND deal damage yourself
snapshot summons/RF lived on till well after release.
melee originally didnt have multistrike or melee splash

then there was the infamous CI era where all life nodes were nerfed and monster dmg nerfed. then the life nodes got buffed back up with the release but monster dmg never went back up.

crown of eyes. aegis. leech. VP. acuity. MAJOR aura changes back from when everyone and their moms ran 7+ auras.

and yet...here we are now, and the game is arguably in its best shape ever; and if lockstep issues get sorted out, it wont even be an argument.

looking at the big picture, RM->enlighten change is negligible. the aura changes in the release were much bigger and invoked much bigger cries, and yet everything was fine after. same will be here.
Unless you intend to run all the auras ever, you really don't need an Enlighten.
If you happen to run Clarity plus one or two other auras, you'll be fine.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 31, 2015, 11:29:39 PM
"
Unless you intend to run all the auras ever, you really don't need an Enlighten.
If you happen to run Clarity plus one or two other auras, you'll be fine.
Clarity+Purity of smth+HoT. Now where is the closest RMT site where I can buy me some more mana to be able to cast something supported with at least one gem? Or maybe even two? Especially in light of EB destruction.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info