So, explain this to me...

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

no, cause the result isnt that I run either or, its that I dont see those builds as viable at all and would never run them unless Im on standard with my enlighten gems.

That's your problem. Perhaps other people will start seeing those builds viable, perhaps GGG sees.
So many tears...
The game has been changing, ever since it started. Change or the fear of change isn't the end of the world.

The reduced mana gem was mandatory.
Now it will be less used.
If you're truly playing in endgame, you can use a different less common gem to accomplish similar results to what we were able to do with the mandatory gem before. That gem was pretty much useless before, despite its rarity. Now the rare gem has real value.

It's all fairly legit. Change for the sake of change is not what this is, even though some want to paint it that way. Beta is still running. Testing is still happening. Things are still in the works. The last major patch had similar QQ before it was released. The results of the patch were better than the hype would have led us to believe it would be.
GGG makes one game. It's a really good game. The game has gotten better over time. It gets better because they're unafraid to change, even when chicken-littles are screaming about the sky falling.

This is just my opinion. You're - by all means - entitled to your own. You're not "entitled" to OP mandatory mechanics staying OP & mandatory. The sense of entitlement is the only real issue that I personally see with this change.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
SerythXavier wrote:
TL;DR

Comment on Quality of Auras
Spoiler
There is a very good reason why auras have their quality as % radius. Chris mentioned he had it like that for said reason. I think he mentions it somewhere in his dev manifestos.

I get and understand that. I honestly think that everyone running as many aura was probably a little OP (which is why given my revised statement for max extra reservation it would work out to being less than the old RM). However, I also think that the current quality on auras is not that beneficial. Intended for teamplay? yea, that's great. Except that the radius is small after you factor in the amount of movement you have in poe to survive. Maybe rather than a % radius a flat radius increase would be better. No idea. They did make changes to allow auras to apply through walls now IIRC. So that might make range have a little better utility.
"
slatra wrote:
Spoiler
So many tears...
The game has been changing, ever since it started. Change or the fear of change isn't the end of the world.

The reduced mana gem was mandatory.
Now it will be less used.
If you're truly playing in endgame, you can use a different less common gem to accomplish similar results to what we were able to do with the mandatory gem before. That gem was pretty much useless before, despite its rarity. Now the rare gem has real value.

It's all fairly legit. Change for the sake of change is not what this is, even though some want to paint it that way. Beta is still running. Testing is still happening. Things are still in the works. The last major patch had similar QQ before it was released. The results of the patch were better than the hype would have led us to believe it would be.
GGG makes one game. It's a really good game. The game has gotten better over time. It gets better because they're unafraid to change, even when chicken-littles are screaming about the sky falling.

This is just my opinion. You're - by all means - entitled to your own. You're not "entitled" to OP mandatory mechanics staying OP & mandatory. The sense of entitlement is the only real issue that I personally see with this change.

Id love that. The problem is that GGG has show again and again that they just have no idea what they are doing during balance, or at least that what they say and what they do go in completely different directions.

This change isn't the game-wrecker people are saying it is, before patch you could run 1 aura or 2 auras with reduced mana, after the patch you can run 1 aura or 2 auras with Blood Magic gem or Enlightening. It does nothing to decrease the gem pressure and is a LOT more expensive than before, and what were the reasons GGG gave to do this change? O yeah, gem pressure and too expensive for new player, the exact opposite of what they are doing.

Honestly? But diversity goes on in PoE despite GGG balances, not because them.
Most of my builds need grace, a purity and AT LEAST a herald for damage. No one can say that this setup is too much, too opie op. That's just silly

I need a lvl 4 enlighten for this to work in 2.0, btw :DDDD And this setup is very common i think.

Ok, want a suggestion GGG? Make enlighten more lenient. Make it so the more common setups work with enlighten lvl 2, and the more extreme ones require 3/4.

Remember, you will probably need more than 1 enlighten gem if you run multiple auras.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:
Most of my builds need grace, a purity and AT LEAST a herald for damage. No one can say that this setup is too much, too opie op. That's just silly
And this setup is very common i think.

That's the problem - the setup is very common. Now you have to make a meaningful choice that suits your playstyle best.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
there is no point, its a woefully clueless, out of touch, destructive, idiotic change that is absolutely terrible for the game and they dont have a clue because theyve completely lost touch with the game itself outside of server statistics.

2 aura builds being mana locked, lvl4 enlighten required to get around it, eb, awful changes, clueless, awful, destructive changes. Johns right, nuking build diversity, itll exist but only for people with lvl4 enlightens, which will be more rare than shavs, so they basically took gargantuan sections of builds, a lot of which are very basic, underwhelming, previous nooby friendly builds and made them even more exclusive than shavs builds... retarded, it is actually fucking retarded and I have no faith in these devs any more, no faith in where this game is going, will never donate money to them again, will likely never play a serious character outside of standard league ever again.

Congratulations on destroying your fucking game guys, well done.

+1.000.000.000.000.000.000

I, too, think that i am at least for a period done with this "game" (more like a second, FRUSTRATING JOB, than a game). Applause to the devs even by me, for destroying the moral successor of the legendary Diablo 2 in the name of your fucking "hardcoreness"/no power creep/NERF HAMMER
I used to run hatred + grace + herald of ash with a alphas howl (and a lvl 17 reduced mana gem). Does this means i need to invest points in mana reduction in the passive tree to still run that setup?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:
And this setup is very common i think.

That's the problem - the setup is very common. Now you have to make a meaningful choice that suits your playstyle best.

Considering they are making the game harder: increasing monster hp and damage, I don't see how this is supposed to work. It just forces people to min max even further.

Most people will need to run at least one defensive aura: discipline or grace. A purity is more or less needed if you rely on many uniques (such as crit builds). As an attack character, by not using HoA you are left in the dust.

I dont feel they have thought this through.
"
Draeil wrote:
I used to run hatred + grace + herald of ash with a alphas howl (and a lvl 17 reduced mana gem). Does this means i need to invest points in mana reduction in the passive tree to still run that setup?

go here and calcuate it:

https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/

But yeah you'll need it, even ha lvl 4 enlighten wont be anough, lololol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info