Weapon for caster, not sure if doing it right

Hello, i'm not really sure if i'm doing it right with the weapon for my caster. By now i'm using this dagger which gives me the most dmg from all the weapons i've got.

So, should i go for a wand or a dagger?
What base item should i look for? (maybe i can craft a good one)
What mods i need to go after?
Spoiler

Forget about the item rarity, even with Power Charge on Critical i'm not doing too much dmg
Since you are crit, daggers are better for you i think. The implicit mod (+40-80% crit chance) is better then implicit mod from wands(+5?-15% spell damage).

A big difference between wands & daggers is that wands can have projectile speed mod, but since you are using arc that doesn't affect you.

However if you find a wand/sceptre that gives more dps, just wear it.
Depends if you're crit or not, if you are, daggers, else wands or sceptres.

For bases:
  • Daggers: Kris, since they always have 80% global crit
  • Wands: Any with about 18+% Spell Damage implicit
  • Sceptres: The ones with 20% elemental implicit

Try to get those with ilv76+, 79 if you want Glyphic roll.
For mods, you want a combination of either:
  • Spell Damage
  • Spell Damage + Mana Hybrid
  • Lightning Damage
  • Cast Speed
  • Crit for Spells (If you're going crit)

Also you might wanna replace one of the supports for your Arc (Most probably Item Rarity) with Lightning Penetration.
Last edited by Obscurin on May 27, 2015, 3:22:57 AM
Small note: ideally, you would not want a dagger because they can't roll cast speed. However, this only becomes relevant if you're on a pretty high budget and can actually afford a very strong wand/sceptre.

Also, the general feeling among a lot of Arc players seems to be to just forget about this whole issue and use Pledge of Hands, since it is crazy good.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on May 27, 2015, 3:22:53 AM
imo you want to ditch rarity and added lightning and use faster casting and lightning pen instead. Lightning pen wont icnrease tooltip dps, what it does is reduce the amount of mitigation the mobs have against your spell, in real terms its one of the biggest damage boosts you can possibly link up with your spell.
Remember daggers cant castspeed while wands can

It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on May 27, 2015, 5:37:29 PM
Thank you all for your answers :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info