[Idea] ✮ Unique Unset Ring! ✮ Mechanically Interesting and Balanced ✮

Twin's Soul Unset Ring
Required level 56

+1 to Level of Socketed Gems Per Equipped Twin's Soul
+(5 to 20)% increased Rarity of Items Found
+(7 to 15)% increased Skill Duration
+(25 to 40)% to (Fire, Cold, or Lightning) Resistance
+50% chance to Avoid being Shocked with white socket.
Socketed Gems in Twin's Soul are Linked
We are one

Function
While wearing 2 Twin's Souls the gems in each ring are linked as if they were socketed in an item with two linked sockets.

The rarity is because everyone loves to gamble.

The skill duration is theme based.

The resistace mod is based on socket colour where red, green and blue sockets give fire, cold, and lighting respectively. Rerolling the socket changes the resist but does NOT reroll the stats.

The avoid being shocked replaces resistance mod when a white socket is rolled. granting immunity with two rings. Thus allowing a risk reward play style. As there is a chance to destroy the unique.

downside is the obvious lack of defensive stats on its own and the need to run 2 Twin's Souls to get the full effect. Making it costly to obtain and trading survivability by taking up both ring slots.

Conclusion
I always liked the POE Uniques that change the game at a workable cost.
If I wasn't a poor university student I'd already put it in the game for you wonderful people.
Though I don't think you can pay to make Uniques these days.
I'm not even sure the process involved or if it's even possible anymore.
So I'm just putting this here and hoping for the best.

Any thoughts?

[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Last edited by MrKasor on May 28, 2015, 5:30:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like it, Something to do with quantum entanglement would be cool for the flavour text / theme.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Hah some spooky action at a distance eh!
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
I think it's a neat idea. Not sure what i'd use it for myself, but its cool. :3
Ugh effort
This is an excellent idea. Not overpowered, mechanically interesting.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Thanks I wanted it to be balanced in order to keep the price down so it would be obtainable in any league. Compared to say Voltoxic Rift meaning nothing but a dream for 99% of the hardcore community. More in-line with Alphas Howl expensive but by endgame a fairly easy pick up and droppable outside of maps.
Allowing for a item where its payoff comes from ingenuity of the player.
Last edited by MrKasor on May 27, 2015, 1:38:34 AM
As written, that would not provide +2, that would provide +1 to two different gems.

I also highly doubt that they can code "links to anything else", let alone "links to other <specific unique> unset ring".

"Links to other gear pieces" is a unique item suggestion that's been paraded around for years and still has yet to happen (and is still exciting to think about). SED is an awesome ring stat, especially for summoners which can happily use the extra available 2L.

Would be nice if there were an even stronger way to show that having two of them at the same time is more helpful than just the one since the gem levels won't work. ("50% reduced chance to be shocked" by itself is somewhat weak, but is very strong when doubled to shock immunity, for example.)
Last edited by pneuma on May 27, 2015, 1:33:40 PM
The only issue I can see with this is that the skill duration bonus is *massive* and would be a huge bonus to things like SRS or Immortal Call. It's effectively a free notable on gear without having to spend passive points traveling. Even only equipping one of them and *not* taking advantage of the Twinned property ends up providing enough of a bonus to warrant sacrificing not having life or other resistances.

Drop the skill duration down to 7-14% or so in order to "force" equipping two of them to get a notable's power, and I think this is worthy of using a Diamond submission on.

Assuming of course, that they can even manage to get the cross-linked thing to work. I imagine that'd be incredibly difficult to code.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 27, 2015, 2:17:30 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
The only issue I can see with this is that the skill duration bonus is *massive* and would be a huge bonus to things like SRS or Immortal Call. It's effectively a free notable on gear without having to spend passive points traveling. Even only equipping one of them and *not* taking advantage of the Twinned property ends up providing enough of a bonus to warrant sacrificing not having life or other resistances.

Drop the skill duration down to 7-14% or so in order to "force" equipping two of them to get a notable's power...

I wouldn't worry too much about the actual numbers since GGG is going to tune that as they please if they care about the idea. Unique suggestions are all about suggesting the flavor of the affixes themselves, not the numbers.

This is "has some sed, weak vanilla stats otherwise" and "as a unique property, twins with another one to provide a 2L instead of 2-1Ls and some other desirable effect".

That "other desirable effect" needs more fleshing out. :)

Would also appreciate GGG coming and saying if they'll ever support "link to some other gear piece" as an affix. They've danced around it by doing stuff like Mjolner and Null's Inclination (via implicit "50% cast on hit" and "cast on bow kill" respectively), but never a direct linkage.
Last edited by pneuma on May 27, 2015, 2:23:45 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
As written, that would not provide +2, that would provide +1 to two different gems.

I also highly doubt that they can code "links to anything else", let alone "links to other <specific unique> unset ring".

"Links to other gear pieces" is a unique item suggestion that's been paraded around for years and still has yet to happen (and is still exciting to think about). SED is an awesome ring stat, especially for summoners which can happily use the extra available 2L.

Would be nice if there were an even stronger way to show that having two of them at the same time is more helpful than just the one since the gem levels won't work. ("50% reduced chance to be shocked" by itself is somewhat weak, but is very strong when doubled to shock immunity, for example.)

Wham I get it and I like it so we got. Stun, Freeze, and Shock. Putting any of these I would lower the resist to 13-25 to compensate. Stun might be the least over powered. Freeze has been done to death and shock is a huge defensive bonus. I'm gonna put shock and ask the community How it feels. While removing rarity.

Also Serleth and you have a point I nurfed the skill duration to a more double up to see effects value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info