My first complex macro, yay! for elder scrolls online

EDIT Jan 2017 - I've started eso again and got all my old stuff to work including this macro, i also am able to much better explain it now i believe so if someone wants this pm me here if i haven't updated this post(this info will be gone). I have reuploaded the file for now

http://www.321webs.com/download/138731.htm

I'm just putting my first advanced macro here. I've never really programmed anything or written much code, so this is pretty much my first decent script ever. Spent some days figuring out how to make it function right in game. I wanted to show it off somewhere but didn't wanna spread it among the general eso populus... So now it ended here, worst case i got a backup if my computer should explode on me.

Basically it's like a nubs first non-basic product, and i'm really satisfied with it myself. Probably isn't interesting to any but for me it's big, lulz.

http://www.latenighteso.com/forums/topic/automatic-weapon-swapping-macro-released/

I usually make small simple macros for games if something basic is missing or simply too annoying. Like in PoE it's missing hotkeys for various commands, so i have those.

Well in Elder scrolls online, you have 2 weapon sets that you can freely swap between. Each set has 6 abilties, 5 regular and 1 ultimate. Each set of 6 have the same hotkeys when you swap to that bar. All this macro does is make it so that you have 12 straight hotkeys for your abilities and it automatically does all swapping if that should be required to access the second weapon set, plus it weaves in a free autoattack on every activation.

So, while you can macro all sort of cheat stuff if you wanted, it doesn't do anything you can't fairly easily do yourself, just saves you tons of buttonsmashing and frustration if you fail.

So it's quite simple, but there is an ultimate which gives you a third skillbar when you activate it, replacing your ulti, requiring deactivation before you go back to your other bars. That alone added much complexity. Then i needed to make sure that the state of the game was aligned with the state of the macro, which turned out to be seemingly impossible, so certain actions could make the macro out of sync with the game. Well today i finally finished it by making the macro scan certain areas of the screen to detect the state of the game.

Now it works like a charm. There may be some minor things i haven't encountered, but the way it works now it just doesn't fail for me, it's like there is no more swap in the game just all 12 abilties on the same bar with each their own hotkey! :D

Should say, the macro won't work by itself it needs a couple of images to work.

EDIT: note to self.. remember to test fullscreen vs windowed fullscreen imagesearch and comment on requirements.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 3, 2017, 1:32:54 AM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 7:45:28 PM
I know them feels :D

My first game scripting was for easyUO back in 2002, and I still feel pride at the first scripts I got to work :D

(also used a lot of screen scanning to feed the states of the scripts, getting those coords right can be a royal pain)
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 26, 2015, 8:13:49 PM
Aye, feels good :D

i got lazy on the coords rofl i created another another macro to make it easier

$F12::
MouseGetPos x, y
MsgBox X: %x%`n`nY: %y%
return
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
nice tool :)

ya, UO was a different era in UI's all the "gumps" were free floating and can be moved all over the screen on the fly, inventory bags, journal/log, vitals etc. The inventories were giant piles by default, like you just threw everything into a bag, and could move the items in the bag to arrange them to be useable. The set up (like nesting 40 bags inside each other etc.) to run the scripts was just as much a consideration as what the scripts were trying to accomplish.

Ah it was good times :D
Hey...is this thing on?
I just wanted to ask what software/tools you are using to create this macro?
Updated this post. Getting a surprising amount of pm's about it, now i've added a link with full setup instruction. Also vastly upgraded it since posting here.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 21, 2015, 9:32:52 AM
download link dead
Iv created bots so complex and so efficient at games that they rocketed well above what any human player could achieve.
My dream is that some day humankind's software will achieve a general intelligence that requires no further programming. Convolutional neural networks seem to be on this path. They recently demonstrated their power by crushing the world champ at Go... All without any domain specific programming. Imagine infinite technology freeing us from the slavery of money.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Due continuous requests i will again upload the macro.

http://www.filedropper.com/esomacro10

I do not have time to write the mega detailed explanation, basically try to read the explanation in the OP link.

You need to find save a screenshot of the 4 tiny pictures and their location, and that's all the macro needs to read the state of the game, as it will scan for those pictures to see if this or that is going on.

The image testing macro will with hotkeys F11 show mouse position, and you can replace the text under the F12 to fit the image you are trying to find so that you can use it to find the exact position by trial and error after you use the F11 given coordinates to roughly estimate the coords.

I played swtor no more than a few weeks ago and the macro worked perfectly fine, so if you have any troubles i would love to know to see what's up.

Notice if you are using something like radeonpro to apply sweetfx together with enhanced launcher, you will need to take screenshots through radeonpro as else it doesn't know its supposed to record the sweetfx changes.

I'm very tempted to update this to something that makes sense and much better explained with videos.. I think if people know how well this plays.. GG.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 5, 2017, 2:10:50 PM
I've made macros with mouse software before. And you can also macro pad inputs with the same software if you assign keyboard keys to your pad with another program.

In some games I might make a toggle macro to burn all my CDs as ASAP, that way I don't have to remember to click something. Games that require lots of LMB/RMB inputs consecutively, I typically make rapid macros and assign them to a side key so I don't wear my mouse buttons out.

I haven't used macros for anything more complicated than that though.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 5, 2017, 2:43:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info