What should be my next aim to evolve my ranger?

"
ooopah wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Saveup more exalts. Spend about 20 exalt to buy either a 6L armor or new bow.

don't really agree with this. i think you seldom need 6L for tornado shot rangers.

supposing your 5L is tornado-GMP-ppad-faster attacks-increased crit dmg, the 6L will not add too much to your dps, whether it's added fire dmg, PCoC, pierce or anything else.

i mean mathil cleared uber-atziri with a 5L so i supposed a 5L is more than enough for normal atziri.

Okay fine. What about his bow though?
@ooopah I think your DPS is better because you have better quiver, better bow with higher crit chance and better jewelery.

So sequentially what I should change:
-buying 5L, 1k+ evasion, 2-3 resists chest (cost about 2-3 exalts)
-change lewelery to crit chance/multi, phys dmg, resists and some mana lech to save 3 points and get some more crit from lethality 2 nodes and true strike
-get boots with movement speed 20+, life, high evasion and resists what is better way than atziri's
-get quiver with crit chance/multi, flat phys and life+res

I hope I will have enough resists apart from losing resits in quiver. I try to trade something interesting today and if have questions I will ask you here ;) I hope it won't be more expensive than 4-5 exalts.
"
rocket222 wrote:
@ooopah I think your DPS is better because you have better quiver, better bow with higher crit chance and better jewelery.

So sequentially what I should change:
-buying 5L, 1k+ evasion, 2-3 resists chest (cost about 2-3 exalts)
-change lewelery to crit chance/multi, phys dmg, resists and some mana lech to save 3 points and get some more crit from lethality 2 nodes and true strike
-get boots with movement speed 20+, life, high evasion and resists what is better way than atziri's
-get quiver with crit chance/multi, flat phys and life+res

I hope I will have enough resists apart from losing resits in quiver. I try to trade something interesting today and if have questions I will ask you here ;) I hope it won't be more expensive than 4-5 exalts.

yeah i got the bow and quiver for really cheap in HC. i started off in HC and ripped at about level 50-60 thereabouts, but i managed to grab that bow for 8c (unlinked) and that quiver for 8c before i ripped. there's a lot more decent mid/end game stuff in HC that you won't find in SC. sadly everything in SC is just about gg level gear and goes for 20+ex
imo you dont have enough life on your gear. I would want 5k+ life for any endgame character. 8.5k damage isnt a huge amount but its not exactly low either, its a decent amount, I feel like I could clear any map in the game with it.

I dont even use crit damage on my tornado shot, I have

ts + gmp + faster attacks + phys proj + crit strikes + added fire

I prefer consistency over erratic spikes of extreme crts and low damage damage non crits. I have 49% multi legacy maligaros somewhere, I dont use them, I use rare gloves, Id much rather have life, resist and higher attack speed. Attack speed doesnt make me more vulnerable to reflect, crit chance doesnt make me more vulnerable to reflect, added fire doesnt make me more vulnerable to reflect. Not having life, not having lightning coil, having a lot of crit multiplier is what is going to make me vulnerable to reflect, make my damage inconsistent and feel worse than it really should be. I use Rats Nest, Id never use maligaros, Id never use a doryanis belt on an attack build because it doesnt have life. Thats my take on it, gloves, hat, belt, I limit myself to only letting 1 of those slots not have life and imo, Rats Nest is the best item on offer. Id never play a serious pure evasion build without a lightning coil, and realistically that means no atziris step because youd want tri resist boots to mitigate that resist penalty, 30% phys mitigation vs 16% spell dodge? Thats not even a serious question in my book.

So coil + nest + rare gear with t1/t2 life in every other slot is how I would personally build an archer for what its worth.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on May 27, 2015, 8:01:57 AM
I got this chest from my friend and I don't know if it is worth to try 5L/6L it

Apart from that i got that quiver but I think it isn't good enough for me
Last edited by rocket222 on May 27, 2015, 8:37:00 AM
As i can see you don't use Assasin's Mark, which is i think a big mistake !
You should change linked gems in your boots and put Assasin's Mark + Curse on Hit + Lightning Arrow + LMP ! I'm using this and it works very well increasing my DPS from 8k5 tooltip to 10k+ with 3 Power charges.

EDIT : Also your bow as 300dps but very low local crit chance. With almost 9% local crit on bow you see a very big damage increase !
Last edited by PavZ on May 27, 2015, 8:57:29 AM
OK, I will start using assasin's mark when I will change boots.
What do you think about exalting my bow?

EDIT: bought:

and I don't know why I can't add lightning res. There are 3 pre- and 2 suffixes and lightning is suffix...
And
traded for 2 divines :)
Last edited by rocket222 on May 27, 2015, 10:38:10 AM
Item rarity is a suffix on these boots, min value as a prefix is 8.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Ech, it's bad news but for 5c I couldn't get anything better, I will add evasion there. I will put in there: curse on hit+Assasin's mark but I'm not sure what is best skill to curse as many monsters as it's possible. Maybe split arrow or lightning arrow? And which support implict there?
Split with chain or pierce are your best bets, and GGBB is doable on evasion boots. But you can also just try curse / faster casting. It doesn't take much time to cast and you get two free slots for other utilities (vaal haste/grace with incr duration, blink arrow, smoke mine, etc.)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info