What should be my next aim to evolve my ranger?

Hi.
I'm playing Tornado shot crit ranger 87lvl and I don't know what can I do next with my equipment and currency to improve my character.
This is my eq:
Spoiler

I have currency and items to sell worth about 10 exalts.
It's my first such high level character and i don't want to make some mistakes in development of my ranger.
I am doing 73, 74, 75lvl maps but I'm worry that I won't have enough map drop to make 75+ lvl maps all the time and I think I'm not ready to do 75+ lvl maps because my tornado shot DPS is only 8,5k now. What should be my aim to do? What to change in my equipment (also in due to new patch)? Should I buy or craft something, what is cheaper?
I hope You will help me :)
I would say a better 5L chest with 2 res, 60+ life, and 1k+ evasion.
Next: quiver, get some nice crit multi here, at least 33-34%, on a good basis (implicit flat phys or crit chance). Flat physical or leech are welcomed too; and since they are prefixes, they won't hurt your resistances.
Jewelry:
- get a ring with mana leech to save 3 points on tree and get those two nodes you left Lethality cluster. You can also try to put the ml on the quiver.
- you will need one more res here, since you lose one from quiver because of crit multi.
- overall, you jewelry lack offensive rolls. Order of importance: crit multi (amu only), flat physical, wed/crit chance.

Ps: you can take a look at my 1 mth flashback archer, Khornofulgure. TS does 8.3k dps on 4L with a sensibly worse bow. Check the quiver and jewelry and you'll get the idea.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 26, 2015, 3:48:04 PM
Remake it in hardcore
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
OK, I will look for better jewelery.
What do you think is best way?
-buy nice life+3res chest and craft 5L/6L
-buy ready 5L better chest
-buy 6L bad chest and try to craft life+resistances
What about buying better bow instead of armour? Is it possible to craft better harbinger now? I think it is almost impossible to get nice %phys and flat phys.
Apart from that I have this bow and i don't know what to do with it

PS nice advice Auxion :P
Last edited by rocket222 on May 26, 2015, 4:49:29 PM
Buy ready 5L, it's almost always cheaper. And your bow is still good enough for quite some time. Also a sensible upgrade will cost a lot, maybe all of your 10 ex.
You can find good 5L armor for cheap, for example here at 1.5 ex: link, or here, tri res for 2.5 ex: link.

poe.trade research: http://poe.trade/search/otatakinisotoh

Another general advice is to go for links on chest first. This gives your more latitude to change your weapon whenever needed, without being limited by links.
Eventually, when you get an end game bow (~350 pdps), you can 6L it.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 26, 2015, 5:02:17 PM
Why do you think 8.5k isn't enough to clear 75s? You can buy a better bow but that dmg should be fine up to 78s as long as you don't just hang around spamming arrows and never moving.
is there anything wrong with your passive tree? i'm playing a tornado shot ranger now too and it's also my first-ever character. my gear is about equal to yours but i'm having 15k tornado shot dps and 3.8k hp. you can check my gear on my profile.

maybe you should get more crit on your passive tree?
Saveup more exalts. Spend about 20 exalt to buy either a 6L armor or new bow.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Saveup more exalts. Spend about 20 exalt to buy either a 6L armor or new bow.

don't really agree with this. i think you seldom need 6L for tornado shot rangers.

supposing your 5L is tornado-GMP-ppad-faster attacks-increased crit dmg, the 6L will not add too much to your dps, whether it's added fire dmg, PCoC, pierce or anything else.

i mean mathil cleared uber-atziri with a 5L so i supposed a 5L is more than enough for normal atziri.
Physical to Lightning gem should give you better damage than Crit damage, plus shocks. I would also drop the Atziri's step and get boots with resist so you can get more DPS on your quiver.

Good dps mods for quiver would be Weapon Elemental Damage, Crit Multi, Phys damage/attack speed, accuracy, in that order.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info