Mine / trap duration - do they affect duration on linked skills?

Do the mine/trap duration nodes only affect how long the mines exist before they poof? Or do they also extend the duration of effects like smoke mine runspeed or duration tagged spells?

I assume they do not, but I'm not at home to check atm. Any quick answer on this?

Thank you!
Right, just the time until trap/mine expires.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
ireishred wrote:
Do the mine/trap duration nodes only affect how long the mines exist before they poof? Or do they also extend the duration of effects like smoke mine runspeed or duration tagged spells?

I assume they do not, but I'm not at home to check atm. Any quick answer on this?

Thank you!

Wording in PoE is (almost) always precise.
Those nodes are worded "mine\trap duration", not "mine\trap effect duration", so yeah, they will increase the time mine\trap exist on the ground (default - 30 sec).
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I believe that the Increased Duration currently extends both the trap and skill durations. Is that different in Beta? I guess it must be or there would be no reason to just extend the trap/mine duration.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Yeah, this is what I always thought, but I had to ask. Because honestly, what good does increased mine duration give??? Those things already last like 30 seconds. Aside from a 2 second prep before opening a chest what purpose does this serve? Damnit!

I understand that the wording is generally precise, but other tags like increased AoE work on all radii associated with a skill (i.e. firestorm etc.) The exception to that, again, being trap trigger radius. Double damnit!

"
mark1030 wrote:
I believe that the Increased Duration currently extends both the trap and skill durations. Is that different in Beta? I guess it must be or there would be no reason to just extend the trap/mine duration.

Right, general increased duration bonuses work on any skill effect that has a duration. I don't think it's any different in beta. Trap/mine duration might be just a gimmick passive, I believe we have only two duration nodes, one for traps and mines and one only for mines and both are skippable.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info