"
k1rage wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
Ive never seen the appeal of mirrors

by the time you find something to use it on the league is over

If only there was a league that was not temporary...if only :)

standard is icky lol

That's YOUR choice.

"
Malone wrote:
a card for a stack of 10 mirrors would drop less often than a mirror itself so what would be the point ?

"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
We've had submissions for Exalts and a few for Chaos, but no 10 stack of Mirrors yet.

We wouldn't stop anyone from requesting a stack of 10 on principle, but in cases where people have asked for super rare or hard to obtain items we've usually mentioned that the card drop rate has to reflect that.

I think that, like Mirrors, the insanely low drop rate of the stack-of-ten-mirrors cards would make it an Event whenever one drops. I love seeing people delighted to find super-rare stuff.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Im in cronus's 38% bracket but i would probally end up just selling the mirror and looking for the dagger i want mirrored for cheaper than the price of the mirror itself and the fee!

Which is odd if mirrors are so rare why are we now seeing mirrored gear for nearly 50% less than going and useing the mirror at the crafter yourself? That tells me just enough of them DO actually drop to overflow mirrored items into the game even now! I would say thats because nearly .002% of mirrors get used in the league they are found in and the rest get saved till they get to standard so they can use it on a top end item like AXN's stuff for example! or atleast brought to standard to be sold since that would be the place with people who have the currency to burn on it!

then again who knows some of these guys who really get into trading and have builds that get them to maps as fast as possible so can facilitate shops and get ro farming high end content ASAP! Probally make more currency in the first month than ive made in the game since i played! so its kinda hard to say where mirrors end up or who has stockpiles of them or whatever! But it is obvious in standard at least ALOT have been used!

And better believe if they put some cards in the game that are even more rare than mirrors and you get multiple and get a stack of mirrors... These same rich dudes will start popping up with stacks of mirrors! thats where they will all end up is the rich players who trade who can afford them! Who can afford to use them!
I actually heard the other day theres a dude that doesnt even play this game he ONLY trades within it!
Thats it! Nothing else! Thats pretty interesting if that is true! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 27, 2015, 12:46:21 PM
Anyone else feel like divination cards for stacks of a certain currency is.....useless?

I mean lets say someone has a 10 chaos orb card. By reason, the card stack and rarity will be set so, for example, if you need 10 cards each card will be the same rarity as a chaos orb.

So why not just drop a damn chaos orb? In fact, at least the chaos orb has an immediate use, where the card for the stack doesn't do anything for your character until you complete the stack....

Now I understand cards for a single currency that let you build up to a rare currency, but for stacks of currency, the system makes no sense.
"
Gravethought wrote:
Anyone else feel like divination cards for stacks of a certain currency is.....useless?

I mean lets say someone has a 10 chaos orb card. By reason, the card stack and rarity will be set so, for example, if you need 10 cards each card will be the same rarity as a chaos orb.

So why not just drop a damn chaos orb? In fact, at least the chaos orb has an immediate use, where the card for the stack doesn't do anything for your character until you complete the stack....

Now I understand cards for a single currency that let you build up to a rare currency, but for stacks of currency, the system makes no sense.

To me there would be only one reason: create the most valuable item in PoE (i.e., the stack of ten mirrors divine card). Ideally the deck should then be just 1 divine card with this one being 10 times rarer than a mirror.

But then, maybe someone has come up with a great flavour text which requires X times orb Y? Who knows ...
Last edited by Faendris on May 27, 2015, 3:55:07 PM
If I were submitting a card, I don't think I would want it to drop 1/10th as often as a mirror. I'd never get to see it in the game.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

I'm personally hoping for number puns - like a card called The Dragon and 3 of them gives you The Three Dragons.

That hasn't been submitted, and I think we've already got a card idea named The Dragon, but I can dream.

The Dragon is mine! Mwahahaha!
I am the crusher of dreams. Fear me!
I wonder if all the Highgate supporters have recieved a list of all the upcoming 75 uniques? Seem's kinda weird to add so many uniques and there wont be divination cards for them?

Just a thought. Meh probably only 5-10 new uniques probably gonna be usable in a high end build anyway so...

Kinda funny what a few alterations, augmentations + regal and mastercrafting can become compared to all the uniques.
I propose a name to whoever decides to make the Mirror Div Cards
"Vanity Insanity"
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)

mirrors..... meh.

once you're worth 50-100+ mirrors you move on to more exciting stuff, like silly quests to get specific corrupts on top tier items

that said a 10 mirror card would be kind of cool. With 10 mirrors an average player could actually gear out a full character in top gear in a true "jackpot" moment were they to find it. Finding a single mirror doesn't really get somebody anywhere.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
why mirrors?

20% of players wouldn't know what it does and stash it away
40% of players would keep it as a trophy
38% of players would like to use it but can't afford the mirror fee
2% would actually use it

You forget a major % of players who will sell it.
For all my PoE years i never found a Mirror but if i do one day ... i'll surely sell it right away!

[Removed by Support]

On topic:

This idea is fucking stupid because the second one drops it will put that singular player in control of the economy. God forbid that someone who knows how to trade well gets ahold of it, he'd be unstoppable.

The fact the dev team is not only humoring this idea but are the ones who suggested it in the first place is aggravating my colon.
Last edited by Rachel on May 29, 2015, 8:35:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info