Necromantic Aegis and Corruption

So as I was running through the Wiki page, I saw, that there are Corrupted mods on shields, which Grants level 16 Determination/Discipline/Grace Skill.
Now my question is: If I use necromantic aegis, with a corrupted shield like that, will my minions use the aura?
Since the skill is not granted by a gem, rather it's granted by the shield itself, which effectively is used by my minions, they must have the skill, but do they use it?
Last edited by MMester on May 26, 2015, 7:54:36 AM
They don't use it.
Is it the cause of the AI-s of the minions are not tought to use them, or is it intended, don't you know?
And btw, thanks for the fast answer! :)
Last edited by MMester on May 26, 2015, 7:57:43 AM
When you are granted a skill on any piece of gear, it shows up on your hotbar as a skill you can cast, much like if you had it as a gem. Just think of it as a free skill.

On Necromantic Aegis, whatever STATS your shield has are given to your minions: life, mana, resists, reflect damage, block chance, etc...
Last edited by SaintIrek on May 26, 2015, 9:29:44 AM
Necromantic aegis gives ALL BONUSES from the equipped shield to my minions. I checked, and it even gives the implicit modifier to my minions, which would be in the case, the aura spell.
"
MMester wrote:
Necromantic aegis gives ALL BONUSES from the equipped shield to my minions. I checked, and it even gives the implicit modifier to my minions, which would be in the case, the aura spell.

This "aura spell mod" needs to be "turned on"\activated like normal aura, it's not "an automatic and mana-free benefit".
And yes, your minions won't activate this aura :D
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
So if I was to use the jaws of agony that grants lvl20 bear trap, animate quardian would not use it? And what about matua tapuna? Would minions (either zombies or animate quardian, necromantic aegis with guardian or not) would the aura effect them in what way?
"
EpicMaster207 wrote:
So if I was to use the jaws of agony that grants lvl20 bear trap, animate quardian would not use it? And what about matua tapuna? Would minions (either zombies or animate quardian, necromantic aegis with guardian or not) would the aura effect them in what way?

I assume minions won't even get the skill, they have fixed skillsets and don't check gear or gems for new ones. We know for certain Animated Guardian won't get bonuses from gems socketed in prismatic eclipse nor would it cast spells on hit if you're rich enough to give him Myolner. So, my guess is that even minions that 'equip' items don't really do it but just use the stats and item-granted skills function in a different way than normal bonuses, something like an additional socket that is linked to all existing socket groups on the item.

Matua Tupuna works fine, when your minion gets bonuses from it he will get increased effect from auras on itself and also on minions it raises (those zombie-raising experimenters in Lunaris). There's nothing out of the ordinary there, your minion gets the bonuses and the game allows your minions to have minions and acknowledges the relation, they don't get bonuses from you but from the minion that summoned them.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It's kinda sad, that this potential is buried. Necromantic Aegis could handle this "buff" IMO. Now it just makes you squishier, while giving your minions a little survivability/damage. If minions could get more out of the shield, it'd make people develop some unique strategies.
"
MMester wrote:
Necromantic Aegis could handle this "buff" IMO.

Absolutely out of the question. Raw power and technical difficulties aside (because some skills require special animation), imagine the performance hit if each of your 20-30 minions used gpu-intensive skills like ground slam or arctic breath, hell, even if all of them turned on auras at once.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info