Why no love for standard?

"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
I0wa wrote:
I know that no one cares about standard. But I know tons of committed long term donating players that play standard daily. Why doesn't standard get any good mods? All the end game content should have invasion and bloodlines mods by default. I don't know why all the good hard mods aren't in the league with the strongest players. It should be full blown ruckus mods after a3 merc in standard. Everything b4 that should remain the same for new players.

You don't want Bloodlines by default.....just trust me on that one...

I do, actually.

Sure, Phylacteral Link sucks on a major scale, but the rest of the mods are great variety. Regular blue packs are boring now.

blood lines are fun, at least most of them are
I dont see any any key!
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:

2) I really really dislike trading - I have so much awesome gear in Standard so I never have to trade unless I really feel like it that day. Temp leagues FORCE you to trade and especially in the current archaic trading systems in place and 3rd party sites: in a game that focuses 99% on trading you would think that it could be made more enjoyable.

I disagree, you don't need to trade if you don't want to. After playing beta for such a long time i thought people would appreciate the effort they put into third party sites to make trading really smooth for us. You seem like many of my friends, who complain about trading and those sites simply because they don't know how to utilize them properly.

It's just a bother to have to maintain and update and search externally to the game - just an all around hassle. I get it: some people love that shit. An example is that I have 22 level 100 characters in WOW and, yes, every morning over coffee and breakfast and news I run ALL 22 of those characters through garrison follower missions... it takes me like 30mins to 60mins daily... and people are like: "fuck that noise... sooo fucking boring... kill me now please... I can't believe you do that shit every single day..." - I get it: some game play elements aren't for everyone, and I see the VALUE in maintaining an updating POE trade thread and making sure my stuff is visible on the 3rd party sites - I get the value in it, just like I know for a fact my 15k gold (across my entire account) daily WOW haul is fantastic, easy, and I enjoy it... but that's just NOT for everyone.

I don't want to micro manage an ARPG like I do an MMO. It's not for me. I want to log in, and kill some shit.... and if I HAVE TO trade (which you do, sorry but yes: you do in 3 month leagues if you want to get anywhere into mapping) then that trade set up needs to be absolutely minimalistic on my time. Like 30 seconds used either searching, or adding my items somewhere. Period. Not 30 mins per day. Not 1 hour. Nope. 30 seconds is my cut off time limit for trading investment in an ARPG.

I manage my trading in 3 month with less then 30seconds pretty much, that only involves my sales though. I have all tabs organized by value, and whatever i find during the day i just dump in the correct tab and update it once or twice a day. Takes no time at all.

If you also include buying stuff in that 30 seconds then that is just not realistic. I really enjoy the trading aspect of PoE. So much in fact that beta is just really hard for me to play, since trading is just impossible there. I don't come near trade chat, it's not my thing.
I stopped playing for 3 months to offset new content. So now every 3 months I get content that is new to me just like temp league players do. The only time I was dissapointed was when they didn't roll invasion into the core game. That seemed like it wouldve been fun.
I'm not sure why you would want to make the "common ground" in this game a mish-mash of everything prior. It's pretty solid as is an area for player growth, understanding, and appreciation.

There's no reason (in my mind) to convolute that notion and create menagerie of scaled difficulty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info