Crafting Help?

I've been looking for a physical wand, and this dropped today. My own experience with crafting has pretty much been limited to alcing jewelry off the ground, but I've been following some of crafting threads here. Eternals are beyond my means, so looks like mastercrafting is the way to go. Should I aug first, or would regaling immediately be the better choice? A bad prefix bricks it either way I think, but with the latter, there's the chance I can roll a bad suffix and still mastercraft phys%/flat phys/crit for a usable wand, correct?

Again, I'm very new to crafting so any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
you can have better increased physical % from a Vendor Recipe with a Rare Rustic Sash.
read more here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe#Crafting

also, I prefer Prophecy and Tornado Wands as a base for Phys Wand crafting, despite the lower APS.
they make up for it with higher DPS and superior local critical chance.

a good method in my opinion would be to gather up some white Wands and Rare Rustic Sashes, Vendor them up for up to 89% phys, then Augment them and if you get something good - Regal.
the Regal can roll a trash mod, but it opens up the wand for Master Crafting which is great.

later, if you can afford that and got a really good result, you can Eternal + Exalt your mega-wand.
but that's not really necessary.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 26, 2015, 2:56:06 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
you can have better increased physical % from a Vendor Recipe with a Rare Rustic Sash.
read more here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe#Crafting

also, I prefer Prophecy and Tornado Wands as a base for Phys Wand crafting, despite the lower APS.
they make up for it with higher DPS and superior local critical chance.

Doesn't that recipe remove existing mods on the weapon? If so, wouldn't a tier 1 hybrid roll would be more valuable to have, since you can't mastercraft hybrid phys?
oh wait that is a Hybrid. my mistake :)

try Augmenting it and see what you get.
if you trash it, you can always craft non-hybrid Phys with the above method.
if you don't, Regal it and continue.

also, keep a few Wisdom Scrolls handy for Blue Wands while Mapping.
these things actually do drop, so you can eventually have a second chance even if RNG doesn't smile on you this time.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 26, 2015, 3:06:49 AM
john keys isnt expierenced or skilled, just dont listen to him :)

Empereor's is one of the rarest mods and in the current meta highly desireable,
but still the way to go is just trow a Regal on it

possible Outcomes:

you Regal a Prefix:
1. If it's Ele-Dmg or something else, what is useless, you can scour the wand :/
2. you hit a decent Phys Flat or Phys% Roll - you add the Multi Mod, add the other Phys Roll with Mastercraft + Crit & Ias or Crit Multi =>that can be a really powrful wand, but you have to be lucky

you Regal a Suffix:
1. better for you, as you get at least a decent wand :) you can add the Multi Mod, Mastercraft Flat Phys, Phys% and Crit on it => 43*1.5*(1,2+0,77+0,7)=173pDPS
2. if you Regal Crit or Ias you can do the same

would recommend you to sell it at 7-9ex.
usually if u really want to craft a decent physical wand u start always with tyranical
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Actually i'am not sure but as I remember Emperor mod is rarer than tyrannical so it's more valuable! Don't augment it, It's better to have only one chance to break it(with regal) than having two(aug+regal)!
i would master craft something on it I didnt want, like mana, and then regal it. you cna scrub the mana roll after, but for 14 transmutes to put it on I think its worth it to block that set of prefixes from being possible rolls with the regal, slightly improves your chances of getting something good, slightly improves your chances of not rolling a prefix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info