So The Witcher was almost a Diablo clone...say whaaaat?!

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-was-almost-a-top-down-arpg-with-no-playable-geralt/

"
According to the video above, hosted by former Witcher project lead Ryszard Chojnowski, the adaptation was originally an isometric action RPG in the vein of Diablo and directly inspired by Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. It's a long way away from the sprawling open world CD Projekt RED released last week.

I for one would've kinda liked that :P
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I honestly dont think they could offer one good enough to compete in the small market for such.

There's much more of a market for regular RPGS and people love freedom of exploration. They did well by continuing to build upon their already established setting.

Now dont get me wrong, I think witcher world could make for a good isometric ARPG, but if they ever do it, they are better off making it as a side-game.
Oblivious
I hope they do someday, would def be pretty cool. We can never have too many good ones
Back then, I would have liked that...
Last edited by darkjoy on May 27, 2015, 5:51:43 PM
And now they go hand in hand with "High END PC Development".

By the time Cyberpunk is released your Witcher 3 PC is already outdated.
Oh man, as much as i'm enjoying Witcher 3 i'm really happy they've pushed it out the door so they can focus on Cyberpunk and start the marketing for it soon.
"
TheWretch wrote:
Oh man, as much as i'm enjoying Witcher 3 i'm really happy they've pushed it out the door so they can focus on Cyberpunk and start the marketing for it soon.

They announced that they won't be even talking about Cyberpunk until 2017 :P So expect a late 2018 release or so. At least hardware will be super fast by then, 4K glory here I come.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

They announced that they won't be even talking about Cyberpunk until 2017 :P So expect a late 2018 release or so. At least hardware will be super fast by then, 4K glory here I come.

Ya, I saw that yesterday. Bummer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info