Divination Card Submission Process is Live!

So I submitted my divination card and have been pretty happy with how fast and easy this process has been.

For those wondering here is how the process works currently.

You submit your initial idea, this includes the card Name, flavor text, and what it should reward. You can also include some text describing the theme of the card. You don't have to supply the flavor text either, if you chose not to the dev team will make suggestions based on your name and theme.

So after you submit your initial idea they first go through the name and make sure it fits with the theme and within PoE itself.

After the Name is approved, it moves on to the flavor text, at this point if you didn't suggest anything the devs will communicate with you to make sure they understand your theme and make a suggestion on flavor text.

So this is where I am at now, I didn't supply any flavor text. The dev working on my card suggested some flavor text, which I was happy with. So I am now waiting on that to be approved. From here I would guess the card will go to the art team to have that work done. Though I guess it could also go to the balance team to determine where it will drop and how many will be required for the set (though I guess it could go to art and balance at the same time).

Like I said, I'm very happy with the process so far, it has been pretty fast and the feedback I've gotten has been pretty good.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
Submitted =) Great work GGG
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If it "smooths out the grind for certain items" there's going to be a glut of those items in a matter of days.

I'm sure GGG will balance this with the precious economy in mind.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If it "smooths out the grind for certain items" there's going to be a glut of those items in a matter of days.

Think of it like a karate school where they give you x different belts on your way to black instead of just teaching you for 5 years without any incremental reward...which is often necessary to keep the kid interested long enough to get there.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Balance is impossible. Either they're obtainable by solo/casuals and trash the economy, or they're worthless to a solo player and simply a currency to traders.

There's no way for them to be both.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Balance is impossible. Either they're obtainable by solo/casuals and trash the economy, or they're worthless to a solo player and simply a currency to traders.

lol don't be stupid ofc there is, it fully depends on the item it is meant for.
On the other hand, who rly cares?
There is absolutely no room for casuals in this game... not even a modicum!
It most likely will have little to no impact on the economy other than you can now trade for a 10th of a shavs and shit like that... it gives you the possibility to farm for specific gear in specific regions of the game instead of 24/7 camping poe.trade for an item that you might need with your build to progress to endgame!

That will be extremely useful especially for casuals!
Last edited by Darkmixxer on May 25, 2015, 11:01:22 PM
Sorry that you can't see the contradiction in your own description.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Sorry that you can't see the contradiction in your own description.

there is none, the "contradiction" you see is based on a specific case/scenario you cling to, and i am sorry that you fail to see that.

think about it again, maybe without your pessimism.
have a nice day.
Last edited by Darkmixxer on May 25, 2015, 11:29:01 PM
Someone submit a card for an exalted orb, but require an odd number of cards to complete it, just to annoy people wanting "1.5 pure ex"
IRON MAN
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I'm sorry, I should have put balance in quotation marks. Yeah, I'm saying it will be the second one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info