The planet Earth now has it own flag

Yeah, I gave that a read. The video kinda made me like it. But I still think it's dumb.
"
Brotherhawk wrote:
Yeah, I gave that a read. The video kinda made me like it. But I still think it's dumb.

It does give it context but still so...I dunno, don't like it.

E: It's too busy.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 25, 2015, 6:52:25 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
E: It's too busy.
This is exactly it, it really is. I think it would be less busy if the lines were joined and not over lapping. Almost like it's saying some races/countries are more superior than others.

But that's a different topic entirely. One we shouldn't get into.
Aliens would stay away with that design lol...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Why wasn't I consulted about this?
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Last edited by DnAngel on May 25, 2015, 8:41:06 PM
"
DnAngel wrote:
Why wasn't I consulted about this?

Everyone should have been, it would have been cool
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
but who's gonna eat it?
Oblivious
"
TheWretch wrote:
And its fuckin' hideous..Who the fuck voted on this?!

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/hooray-the-planet-earth-finally-has-its-own-flag?utm_source=tcpfbus

Sweden I usually love your designs..wtf happened?!

Looks like interwoven biohazard symbols. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Looks like interwoven biohazard symbols. ='[.]'=

And that wouldn't be too far away from an accurate representation. ;)
From Wikipedia:

"
The idea of a flag of the Earth is a flag used to represent the Earth. Concepts revolving around this theme include political, spiritual and environmental aspects of the planet. Although there is no internationally agreed upon flag to represent the whole planet, some individuals and organizations have promoted designs for a flag.

To date no flag has received any "official recognition" by any governmental body. The most widely recognized flags associated with Earth are the Earth Day flag and the United Nations flag. Listed below are the unofficial contenders for a possible Flag of Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_flag

This flag is mentioned down at the bottom. It's really just another proposal by the artist himself. If you look at the talk page it's debatable if the flag should even be in the article. It appears that it's just a bunch of marketing by the artist, and as near as I can tell that flag has never been seriously considered by anyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info