Do you guys think Infernal Blow needs its damage to be nerfed by 150%? GGG does.

"
CanHasPants wrote:

For beta/2.0's 10% to be stronger than 1.3's 25%, beta/2.0 has to supply 150% more damage, somehow.

You mean like making gem levels on melee gems actually scale instead of 2-3 % bonuses like currently? This includes, but isn't limited to support gems and skill gems.

I could do some math regarding it, but I don't feel like fetching all the data needed for the new support gems, various level\quality differences as well as other changes that may or may not affect the build like jewels.

But ok if you want to use the scope of 25% is always greater then 10% so be it, I won't argue anymore that 200 is more than 150.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 26, 2015, 1:41:30 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Edit: @Scrotie: Yes, DPS from explosions is (or can be) increased; however, as monster EHP increased, so too does the efficacy of DPS decrease.
Umm assuming that if GGG is, say, tripling enemy life, they intend everyone to take three times as long killing enemies. Why would IB get off the hook?

Ah, I get it now ^-^

Much of the previous discussion, however, was presented as though increased monster life were going to enhance the efficacy of IB's explosion damage--which is blatantly wrong.

Edit: @Goetz this time ^-^
Sure, 200 > 150, that is not, and should not, be what is disputed.

200/2000 < 150/600

However, as explained above, thats the point.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on May 26, 2015, 2:07:45 PM
I hate this idea from the devs that in order to raise the difficulty, you need to raise monsters HP.

AOE made the game easy not the monsters lack of HP,

IB will be total crap in high level 6p party. IT was already quite hard to kill mobs with their fire resists in 1.3. Now they have more life? Unless IB phy dam is raised then the gem will be really useless when doing multiplayer.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 26, 2015, 2:47:25 PM
"
lolozori wrote:
I hate this idea from the devs that in order to raise the difficulty, you need to raise monsters HP.

AOE made the game easy not the monsters lack of HP,

IB will be total crap in high level 6p party. IT was already quite hard to kill mobs with their fire resists in 1.3. Now they have more life? Unless IB phy dam is raised then the gem will be really useless when doing multiplayer.

This!
Very well said and most important it is TRUE.

"
Natharias wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sixty percent.

Six zero.

Facepalm. (edit: except TBC)

Of course OP leaves out the fact that monsters have more life so the explosion actually will do more damage then live.

10% of 100% is still 10%. 25% of 100% is still 25%.

If monsters had 500 life when it did 25%, the damage was 125.

If the change was to 1,000 life and 10%, the damage is now 100.

So no, the explosion does not deal more damage. It deals less percentage damage of a higher number, but all monsters have a higher number so the damage is less overall.

You take percentage numbers as percentages. If the percentage is lowered, it is lowered.

Everyone see it as NERF, thats fine if some "fan" said otherwise.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

Everyone see it as NERF, thats fine if some "fan" said otherwise.

Then it's not everyone.
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Explosion does 10% on CB compared to 25% on live.

wtf lol

+1

And low base dmg, lighting strike way more powerful.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
IB change (25->10%) is a DIRECT nerf, no mattter how does the mobs health change BECAUSE - and this is the part that you do not understand - if mob's health grows, so does the damage required to kill it. so it can be removed from the equation.
Mostly this. If you double the health of enemies, and you only use Infernal Blow, there are half as many explosions per unit time (not damage per explosion, I mean quantity of explosions), because it takes twice the damage to generate a kill.

HOWEVER
that "if you only use Infernal Blow" phrase is important. If you mainly use another skill and save IB for finishing blows, it is possible all of your IB hits could be strictly buffed in terms of DPS. Note, however, that if explosion damage is mediocre, players won't go through the trouble.

Thus the change of massively boosting monster life, in and of itself, has the effect of nerfing nonlethal IB hits, while buffing lethal IB hits, in such a way that pure IB spam is neither buffed or nerfed overall.

Here's what I would change for the skill if I was GGG:
Fire, Attack, AoE, Melee, Duration
Base duration is 1 second
Explosion deals base Fire Damage equal to x% of the corpse's maximum Life
...where x is roughly sqrt(625/k), and k is the approximate enemy life mmultiplier. This formula is based on geometric mean. For example, if enemy life was doubled, 18% would be about right (20% might be okay); if enemy life is tripled, 15% would be good. 12.5% for quadrupled.

This would hopefully prevent IB from being OP as a finishing move, but hopefully not to such an extent it discourages its use in combos, and the increased duration and Duration tag would help it play well with other skills.

Unless GGG plans on buffing monster life to over six times current values, I feel 10% explosions represent an overnerf (as usual).

You're completely right there. Unless GGG buff monster life to exorbitant values, we wont see IB with 10% explosion damage as finisher.
I dont understand, why nerf IB? Even assuming we get rid of desync (which is №1 scourge of IB), we still get an attack skill, that does 50% FIRE damage (no physical leech, subject to fire resistance), just 130% base damage, requires Melee Splash to be useful and requires investing into general fire damage and fire penetration to get profit out of it.
Generally speaking, if you nerf IB explosion to 10%, then Molten Strike will be better in probably 99% scenarios....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Before the nerf, Molten Strike is already better in most scenarios.
After the nerf, Molten Strike is better every time, unless if enemy reflects your damage.
Last edited by PHRandom on Jun 8, 2015, 2:48:46 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Of course OP leaves out the fact that monsters have more life so the explosion actually will do more damage then live.

Lmao, FailFish :D
Casually casual.

Lets just say they raised the hp of monsters for the 10% to be the same or more damage then before. Now you are going to have to admit that they NERFED EVERY SINGLE ATTACK IN THE GAME because it will take longer to kill now. SURPRISE!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info