Do you guys think Infernal Blow needs its damage to be nerfed by 150%? GGG does.

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sixty percent.

Six zero.

Facepalm. (edit: except TBC)

Of course OP leaves out the fact that monsters have more life so the explosion actually will do more damage then live.

That's one of the dumber things I've ever read. 25% of monster life will always be greater than 10% of monster life. The flat numbers mean jack shit.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sixty percent.

Six zero.

Of course OP leaves out the fact that monsters have more life so the explosion actually will do more damage then live.

That's one of the dumber things I've ever read. 25% of monster life will always be greater than 10% of monster life. The flat numbers mean jack shit.

+1

pretty exceptional missunderstanding of percentage values
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sixty percent.

Six zero.

:O
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sixty percent.

Six zero.

Yeah the % is currently greater in live but you are completely neglecting the fact that if monsters in beta have 3 times the life then those on live then its effectively 30% explosion damage compared to the 25% you currently have on live.

I wish some people here would stop speculating without reading into it for yourself. The values of % are all relative, especially ones that scale based on an external or different element.

Let me put it this way so people that still haven't gotten it can. Currently you can have 25% of $100, that is $25. If I say you know what I can give you 10% of XXX, if that XXX is $300, that 10% is $30, you'd be stupid not to take the 10% vs the 25%.

But keep speculating and not understanding that % are all relative to the larger amount, comparing % directly to each other is stupid as hell and anyone that does that clearly doesn't understand math.

Again, completely ignore the fact that they made the explosion damage non reflect able as well.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
You become wrong the moment you used the word "effectively."
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
goetzjam wrote:

Yeah the % is currently greater in live but you are completely neglecting the fact that if monsters in beta have 3 times the life then those on live then its effectively 30% explosion damage compared to the 25% you currently have on live.

I wish some people here would stop speculating without reading into it for yourself. The values of % are all relative, especially ones that scale based on an external or different element.

Let me put it this way so people that still haven't gotten it can. Currently you can have 25% of $100, that is $25. If I say you know what I can give you 10% of XXX, if that XXX is $300, that 10% is $30, you'd be stupid not to take the 10% vs the 25%.

But keep speculating and not understanding that % are all relative to the larger amount, comparing % directly to each other is stupid as hell and anyone that does that clearly doesn't understand math.

Again, completely ignore the fact that they made the explosion damage non reflect able as well.

How are you not getting this?

Scenario 1 with 25%, assuming 0 resists and no extra damage, it will ALWAYS take 4 explosions to kill an adjacent mob. Scenario 2 with 10%, it will ALWAYS take 10 explosions to kill an adjacent mob. Which do you think is better?
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
I think the nerf bat swung a bit too hard this time.

It feels like GGG tried different approaches to fix IBs problems, then decided to implement all of them.

1. reduce the damage of the explosion to prevent reflect oneshots
2. reduce the crit chance of IBs explosion to prevent reflect oneshots
3. make IB reflect-less to prevent reflect oneshots.
4. remove elemental reflect as a game mechanic to prevent reflect oneshots globally

If elemental reflect is removed as a game mechanic globally (4), all the other nerfs will only make IB less fun. Personally I would prefer it if IB remained a niche thing with its own set of advantages and drawbacks. It makes IB builds significantly different than other melee builds. Static strike is awesome and all, but I don't think every melee attack needs to play like it.

Removing reflect seems like a real cop out to me anyway. It might have been unpopular but it kept glass cannon chars in check quite effectively. Now the goal seems to be nerfing skills with very high damage spikes, to stop them from dominating the reflectless meta. Which wouldn't be a problem if spiky builds weren't so damn fun to play. :(
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

How are you not getting this?

Scenario 1 with 25%, assuming 0 resists and no extra damage, it will ALWAYS take 4 explosions to kill an adjacent mob. Scenario 2 with 10%, it will ALWAYS take 10 explosions to kill an adjacent mob. Which do you think is better?
LOL, goetz "logic" remains me of thar peasant in Mark Twain's "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court".
"But you won't be able to buy anything with that money!" - "Muh don't care as long as I have a lot of money!"
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
You become wrong the moment you used the word "effectively."

How so.

Just like OP titled the thread 150% nerf, the comparison of 25% to 10% is wrong its all relative.

"

In that case yes the amount of explosions necessary to kill is less, but you are only using part of the skill's effect\damage which isn't the whole skill. Imagine playing a cyclone build with 0 supports, thats the comparison you are trying to make.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
This nerf was a balance call for the skill. People could one-shot strongboxes back when they were clustered and can destroy full screens of mobs provided they set up for 60% aoe + melee splash AOE 20%. Now, you can use it vs reflect mobs which warranted a complete nurf of the explosion damage.

It is no longer the main source of damage for the skill and placed properly as support damage. However, higher HP values = more raw damage = more damage augmented by passives (%fire, ele + w/e else effects the explosion damage).

EDIT() On another similar note: I found with zombies/skeles HP increased in the beta that 33% life explosion is now pretty OP given the amount of passives you can allocate to beef it up.
Last edited by Rusery on May 26, 2015, 11:01:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info