State of the Beta - Post #4

27 juni - 28 Augusti i am on holiday!!! I hope you release act4 29 Augusti =)
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
"
698 problems and i've got time

698 problems and desync ain't one.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Any time line for launch of this expansion? A few months? Next year?
"
Doomlilith wrote:
Any time line for launch of this expansion? A few months? Next year?

That would be under the "Are we still on track?" portion in the statement that Qarl made - 1st page, 1st post ...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Last edited by Vaydra on May 25, 2015, 10:48:46 PM
"
LeeroyLeone wrote:

I don't know if this is a PR stunt or a joke or something else, but are you kidding? I tested Lockstep mode for 2 days and it seemed to be broken as hell. So broken, that it is completely not usable for hardcore players. It is causing at least 1 random game crash per hour.

Did it ever occur to you that no matter how frequent those crashes are for you, it might be working perfectly fine for most other people? Or that ALL of the times it is crashing for you might be due to the same one or two issues which they know about and think will be relatively easy to fix? Or that those crashes might not even be caused by lockstep at all in the first place?

"
It causes crashes somehow even if I am not using it

Especially given that and also the fact that they also specifically said people were intentionally causing crashes in order to craft items.
"
rengesha wrote:
Why do you treat me so? I play since 2013 and there is no key, and users who have signed up a week ago already received, it is not fair
Same here. That's why I just bought in. After nearly two and a half years of enjoyment, I'm not going to be really up in arms about a dropping a bit more money into the game.
Don't expect fair. Hell, simply playing Path of Exile should condition you for that.

"
60x7 wrote:
"
LeeroyLeone wrote:
I don't know if this is a PR stunt or a joke or something else, but are you kidding? I tested Lockstep mode for 2 days and it seemed to be broken as hell...
I would suggest you try to mitigate your comments by ratifying that this is only what you are experiencing. I have been using DL since it launched with no problems. I'm going to infer that this means (that in its current beta state) it depends on the computer it is installed on as to what kind of experience the end-user will have.
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the definitions and proper usage of certain words before you use them. I'm intending to be informative, not offensive.

1) You need to declare what is to be mitigated. You don't just "mitigate a comment"; that's vague and ambiguous, to say the least. The mitigation needs a "target"; e.g. "Mitigate the misinformation in one's comment", if you want to be verbose. That still seems kind of weird to me, but I can't think of a better example currently.
"Mitigate" is generally used for things that can't easily be quantified. It'd be strange to say something like, "mitigate the number of bananas". You definitely won't say, "mitigate your bananas".
If you want Leeroy to indicate his stated issue is a personal problem, you probably won't even use "mitigate" to begin with, unless you want to force it in there somehow and construct an incredibly awkward sentence.

2) You probably mean to use "clarifying", as opposed to "ratifying". It isn't like Leeroy is going through the process of approving a proposed bill of law or anything. If for some reason he is, then I am missing an ocean's depth of context here.

Also:
"
60x7 wrote:
I'm going to infer that this means it depends on the computer it is installed on as to what kind of experience the end-user will have.
Please read this out loud to yourself. Could you not have thought to word this any better?
Last edited by Kilvoctu on May 25, 2015, 11:11:02 PM
Giff Philippines Server plz kthxbye <3
Thank you for keeping us updated as you move along through the beta. Most developers wouldn't dream of doing this but for GGG it seems commonplace to treat your consumers with a higher level of respect!
"
HegemonyTV wrote:
698 issues? lol omg

well he didnt say what priority any of them were, id bet half are in backlog for 'yeah maybe fix sometimes on a rainy day when the highest priority thing to do is hit f5 on hacker news for the 10th time that minute'.
Lockstep: 32 crashes within 8 hours playtime. GJ!
Back to desync Mod -.-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info