[SHIELD] OF THE STORM -- Hardcore League, New Guild, Casual Friendly

SHIELD OF THE STORM
( HARDCORE LEAGUE )

TAG: <SHIELD>
REGION: NORTH AMERICA

* HONOR * VALOR * FAITH *

GUILD MISSION

Greetings Exile -- Shield of the Storm is a newly created guild specifically to bring together players on the Hardcore league. My friend and I hope to grow membership and create a guild that is family friendly, helpful, and fun. Because questing through Wraeclast and especially on Hardcore league can be daunting, we hope the guild can be your safe haven -- a shield from the storm, for both the new and experienced Exiles alike.

Although this is a hardcore-centric guild, the term "hardcore" simply defines the league in which we play. The intent of the guild isn't to harbor power-gamers -- quite opposite, we encourage newer players to join so that the more experienced can help guide the way.

ABOUT ME

I create my first character on the Standard League -- a Sword & Shield Marauder who proceeded to save a lovely Scion from the Scepter of the God... but died countless times in the process. Barely grasping the game mechanics but knowing full well my Marauder would be doomed at higher levels, I decided to try a new character on the Hardcore League. It became all too apparent, the thrills of not dying plus the calm of Chat Channels made the experience all too addicting. And even though I've lost many characters to Standard League, I always come back to this little corner of POE which we call HC.

Over time, I have lost over 10+ characters to the Standard server -- highest being level 86, and three level 85s... but I have also improved not only my play but my builds. Today, I have several high level characters that I play with on the Hardcore League.

- IGN: Khaosian -- Level 89, Templar Summoner
- IGN: Steelwall -- Level 87, Sword & Board Templar,
- IGN: Spellfrost -- Level 83, CoC Frost Witch,
- IGN: Thunderkrash -- Level 81, CoC Templar
- Plus many 30s to 70s

WHO YOU ARE

As a newly formed guild you will be a major contributor in shaping the guild. We encourage players of all types to join and help create a community in which we enjoy playing with.

- Are you a new to the game and looking for some help?
- Are you a returning player that's looking to check out ACT IV?
- Are you an experienced Exile who's looking to share your knowledge and skill?
- Maybe you are looking to build a group of friends to Map with?
- Perhaps you're aspiring to guild leadership, full of ideas, but simply don't have the funds to start a guild?

You are all welcomed to join as long as you can carry yourself in a mature manner.

CODE OF CONDUCT

1. Family friendly and try to be semi-active on the Hardcore league
2. Maturity goes a long way regardless of your age
3. Be helpful & kind, and karma will return in two folds
4. Don't cuss or be rude -- you are free to leave anytime you're not having fun in the guild

FOCUS OF THE GUILD

1. Map runs
2. Leveling ALTS
3. Explore ACT IV
4. Farming unique drops
5. Stay casual friendly

IN CONCLUSION, THANK YOU

With Act IV around the corner and plenty of new and returning Exiles coming to explore Wraeclast, now is a great time to find a home. We understand you have plenty of options when it comes to choosing a guild, but I hope you will stop by and take a look at SHIELD OF THE STORM.

Please add my account to your friends list if you wish to chat about the guild, or friend any of my characters.

dragonagefun
Khaosian
Steelwall
Spellfrost

Over time if/when membership rise, I will add functions and features to the guild, such as increasing roster space and guild storage. Thank you and looking forward to meeting some friends!

FAQ

Spoiler
Q: Will you also focus on other leagues such as Standard, Seasons, or Races?
A: Unfortunately, our intent was to focus on the Hardcore league. We do encourage players to participate in Seasons & Races, but we highly suggest the Hardcore leagues of those versions. Ultimately our goal is to be able to participate as a group in quests & maps, and having a player base that's focused on different leagues (ie.. Standard and Hardcore) makes it impossible to play together.

Q: How many members do you have now?
A: As of 5/28/2015, we have roughly 15-18 members, and still growing. We're not elitists, we do not require you to send in an application, have a 6 month trial membership, donate 15C to the guild each week etc... Those days are well behind me, left in WoW. We aim to find a group of like-minded players to play with. Different skill levels are very welcomed, as the more experienced can teach/assist the newer players.

Q: What are the benefits of being in a guild?
A: There are many benefits although, truthfully, POE may not be a game where people are dependent on a Guild System for support. Being in a guild allows you to consistently chat with / play with the same people. This helps you grow your friends base and improves your gaming experience. In addition, guild-mates by nature tend to openly help each other. Instead of paying 1C for a Cruel/Merc Piety kill for example, asking in a guild system usually gets volunteers very quickly. Lastly, a guild stash could provide leveling gear / gems that may assist in the growth of your character.

Q: What type of guild are you?
A: Our focus is to have an environment that's suited to a more mature/older player base. We're not about the PewPewPew. We don't need to have the Min-Max build to clear a map in less than 60 seconds. We don't need to call people noobs if they don't have a Legacy 6L Shavs. Finally we don't tolerate foul languages or disrespect -- this is a Game, and it should be fun. If you're so like "Srs Buzineez", we are DEFINITELY NOT the right guild for you.

Q: Do you have TS/Vent/Mumble?
A: Not at this time, no. We are not planning to host an active voice chat server. If this is a major turnoff, we fully understand and we thank you for looking into our guild, and wish you success elsewhere.

Q: Do your guild offer master crafting services for members?
A: I personally have at least 3 masters at max level, and many should be maxed in a couple weeks. I'll gladly provide crafting services as long as you provide the materials. Of course this is all free of charge.

* HONOR * VALOR * FAITH *
Last edited by dragonagefun on Jun 11, 2015, 3:34:04 AM
Recruiting experienced / semi experienced players.
Hi, I'd like to join if there's space. IGN RIPShadyTreeOG, level 87 arc witch HC. Let me know, thanks!
Hey Shady, thanks for the reply and we'll gladly have ya onboard! Add me in game, i'm usually on in the evenings (NA) time.
Up to ~30 members of all different experience level. Guild is bonding well, always welcoming more players.
Membership base is solid, always welcoming more players whether new or experienced. Laid back, family friendly, no pressure environment.
48 members, still recruiting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info