Genders

"
Arkwright wrote:
"
pico_suarez wrote:
"
skunkmunkee wrote:
Although people have mentioned gender specific items...

Please, tell me they're not implementing stuff like the 'Bra of Burning Frost'.

LOL, I was worried about the Handbag of Festering Pustules or the Pantyhose of Scorching Doom.

The Cat Mansion mod for Dungeon Siege is great. :) It would be weird if the original game had those kinds of items (Underwear of the Badger, Cutie Suit of Lesser Zap). However, the girl models are extremely well-done, for a mod or not, and I'm not even into anime stuff usually.

Edit: fixed typo. Damn you, Hands of Lower Intelligence!
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 18, 2012, 1:54:14 PM
The genders are set. It`s the same reason why you cannot rotate the camera. It`s an easy way for GGG to make an awesome game and gorgeous game while keeping the costs down. Although it`s sad you can`t pick your gender, it makes a lot of sense to do that.
-insert Path of Exile propaganda here.-
As a female player I also would like male and female choise as gender on my characters. But that is not the case atm (or ever will be), and yes I play Shadow and that is fine, but would be even more fun as female character.

As I usually go into my roll/identify myself of the character when I play, and to feel like a male.. naw don't think so :)

I can't even thinking of myself playing or even try a marauder atm, if it was a female perhaps I would. But except from the Shadow I play Witch and Ranger as well, trying a Templar,,but not sure about him yet :)
Angels can fly because they take themselves so lightly..
The definition of role playing in a game requires someone to play a role that is specifically not yourself.

I hope that when POE gets its major storyline components down, that it highlights that you are playing 'someone else's story' and not stepping into the shoes of your own avatar and projecting yourself onto them.

Nobody reads a book or watches a movie and says: I wish all the characters were male, because I am male.

It's only because we physically control a particular actor within the story that we identify with them in particular... if GGG is not going to add both genders, I feel they really have to embrace the 'movie/book' aspect of the adventure, so players are more keen to try out all the classes, particularly ones that are different than themselves.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Arkwright wrote:
"
pico_suarez wrote:
"
skunkmunkee wrote:
Although people have mentioned gender specific items...

Please, tell me they're not implementing stuff like the 'Bra of Burning Frost'.

LOL, I was worried about the Handbag of Festering Pustules or the Pantyhose of Scorching Doom.

Or perhaps a 'Codpiece of Extraordinary Smallness'

Forum signature
5+ GB download to find out that I can't choose gender for my character? Gross.

Logged out, not logging back in. This is ridiculous. It's not 1997 anymore. Not all girls want to play as the dainty witch or the butchfemme ranger. Just gross.
"
nianiania wrote:

Logged out, not logging back in. This is ridiculous. It's not 1997 anymore. Not all girls want to play as the dainty witch or the butchfemme ranger. Just gross.

Not sure why the gender is make/break for you... I personally would have liked my Ranger to be male but it by no means degrades my gameplay experience. If this makes you turn around and find another game then... well goodbye. The only games I know of which let you choose your gender AND class are MMO's. This is not intended to be like an MMO but rather like an ARPG. In Diablo you play a barbarian and you are male. No choices.
Since this is 2013 and all, do they plan on opening transgender roles in the game?

notsrs

semisrs
"
Inkarnit wrote:
"
nianiania wrote:

Not sure why the gender is make/break for you... I personally would have liked my Ranger to be male but it by no means degrades my gameplay experience. If this makes you turn around and find another game then... well goodbye. The only games I know of which let you choose your gender AND class are MMO's. This is not intended to be like an MMO but rather like an ARPG. In Diablo you play a barbarian and you are male. No choices.

So you've never heard of Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest or Dungeon Siege? Missing out.

This issue was nearly make or break for me, I just happen to not mind the witch or ranger and am happy enough with their ability to go wherever I want them to on the tree. It is a major issue for a lot of players though, and they are definitely missing out on many players.

Ironically this game came out the same day the US military announced they are allowing females to apply to any position.
Last edited by Astasia on Jan 25, 2013, 5:44:38 PM
Though for the moment, I'm ok with playing a female ranger, if I had the choice I'd pick a male character every time.

I hope that gender choice comes in the future, and with the possibility of switching genders via the shop (for those who have leveled up so far that they wouldn't want to start again).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info