found Flameblast fun. time to share! [EDITED]

bump towards the second half of Act 3 Merciless.
have a few maps ready (from a Cartographer's Box) and Lab unlocked on the way to Lunaris - but still need to level a bit more.

lesson of the day: there are very few things in this digital world, better than finding an Echoing Shrine with a Flameblast character :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Flameblast is the only way to kill some completely unbalanced borderline invincible bosses (eg haast unrelenting frost, my MOST HATED enemy in the entire game, seriously want to stuff a huge spiked iron rod down its a$$). Simply hide in a corner and use flameblast, run and repeat. But otherwise it's completely useless for endgame. You can't possibly expect to survive a huge group of monsters while standing still for more than 2 seconds.
Sorry to rain on your parade John, but this is kind of old hat.

Flameblast is one of the if not the most tested and experimented with mechanic in the game, it has actually become a little tabu because when ever someone invents a new build someone else will compare it to flamebast and say it suck in comparison, and they are right.

Flameblast have been nerfed every patch for the past few years (sometimes having patches that all it had was something like 20% less damage at all levels).

I am sorry if no one is interested but you are sharing nothing new about a skill that everyone is sick and tired of.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Deathbringerx wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
I didn't see a variation in the Scion Forum. at least not in Bada Bing's records.

Then post in Scion forums?

"
johnKeys wrote:
not being able to gain a level because I died too much

Lmao, SC players at their finest!

After 2 seconds of looking at your private profile i figured it out. You are one of those trying to hit the popular 1 liners. Your post history shows alot of SC activity. I wonder why you insult your own? haha.
Last edited by Miská on May 29, 2015, 6:49:15 PM
"
melodia1 wrote:
Flameblast is the only way to kill some completely unbalanced borderline invincible bosses (eg haast unrelenting frost, my MOST HATED enemy in the entire game, seriously want to stuff a huge spiked iron rod down its a$$). Simply hide in a corner and use flameblast, run and repeat. But otherwise it's completely useless for endgame. You can't possibly expect to survive a huge group of monsters while standing still for more than 2 seconds.

If you need to stand still for two seconds vs trash mobs you are doing flameblast wrong.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
melodia1 wrote:

Bs.

1. Anything can kill Haast with freeze immune.
2. I can oneshot in 6 man 78 maps with Flameblast while never dying. Source: I have a level 96 Flameblaster. Haven't died since 89. And that was only because the character wasn't flameblaster before that. (Well actually one death at 96 because I just levelled and wanted to try 3 proj palace dominus)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 29, 2015, 7:42:18 PM
truth be told, Haast still scares the crap out of me. even with Freeze Immunity.
his damage combined with his attack/cast speed - are just too much.
maybe that's because I never faced Abaxoth yet, but he is the most dangerous Beyond Boss in my view.

and Tzteosh is the most fun. I love having "Flameblast Duels" with him, almost as much as I love blowing up Magnus. sweet, sweet revenge :)

"
johnKeys wrote:

and as fellow HC-League player, I highly recommend you try the Flashback League in SC.
because you can do absolutely crazy stuff like constantly leading Ghosts into Uniques/Exiles/Invasion Bosses, and try to spawn at least one Beyond Boss in every area with a sufficient monster density - without fearing the consequences.
I find that fun.
really, really fun.
probably the most fun I ever had, in 2.5 years playing this game.

There still isn't any thrill on sc. We are doing same on hc flashback and I agree it is fun. Just playing on softcore kills most of fun factor as you don't have to actually stay alive while doing something what isn't "smart". It's fun and challenging on hc

I just hope we had all mods all the time.. It's boring on weeks when there is just part of the mods :( And it will be utterly boring when it ends.. Nothing does no damage and poses any threat anymore :(

And what comes to topic.. Flameblaster is old as ****. I don't remember how long I've been saying to my friend that they should nerf flameplast to hell. One of the most retard and easiest skill to use in game. Still op after numerous nerfes (well not so op in end game anymore but I hate to level characters with it but it's just so op that have to)

So please ggg nerf it so badly that we never see anyone using that skill except magnus oneshotting with it
kudos to you, if you are able to do the same irresponsible, stupid things I do in Flashback-SC, in Flashback-HC, and still come out on top and live to tell the tale.
I'll never have the guts to do even half of it in HC, because to me HC is about staying alive more than it is about having pure, crazy fun.

nerf Flameblast to hell? yes that is probably a good decision, right?
if we don't take into account that for the past 2++ years I've been playing, just about every skill that got "nerfed to hell", has been replaced by a stronger, more straightforward, and a heck of a lot more boring one.

Flameblast is anything but straightforward, and - to me - the opposite of boring.
"
johnKeys wrote:
kudos to you, if you are able to do the same irresponsible, stupid things I do in Flashback-SC, in Flashback-HC, and still come out on top and live to tell the tale.
I'll never have the guts to do even half of it in HC, because to me HC is about staying alive more than it is about having pure, crazy fun.

nerf Flameblast to hell? yes that is probably a good decision, right?
if we don't take into account that for the past 2++ years I've been playing, just about every skill that got "nerfed to hell", has been replaced by a stronger, more straightforward, and a heck of a lot more boring one.

Flameblast is anything but straightforward, and - to me - the opposite of boring.

I think flameblast is pretty damn boring in its current state, and it stems from several things-

its a very safe (offscreen many times) way to clear shit extremely fast, does not require any feasible investments and in 3L it will crap on 99% of other setups while leveling; in 3L it will be a very good setup by itself for maps. it has both ridiculous single and AOE damage, controllable burst damage and is tailor made for prolif burn, which is insane for the type of a huge hit that FB does.

I really dont want to speak for you, but Im thinking you find flameblast fun for now because

1) the novelty of a channeled skill in poe. there simply arent that many of those
2) you arent pushing it to the limit. once you start pushing it, its possible you might find it's extreme snore fest with only fun bits when you dont notice reflect and one shot yourself with it.

every time Id pick up flameblast for leveling, it was the same procedure

normal: holy shit this skill clears fast as hell, clearly better than anything else
cruel: wow Im doing content much higher and oneshotting bosses just with 2-3L
merciless: wow I switched to the skill I geared for and got the tree for and Im STILL doing more damage with a 3L prolif FB that clears room in one cast. oh shit I just one shot myself against strongbox reflect. better invest in a PoF now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info