Build Brainstorming Help: CI + Acro?

Heya, I recently started a (PvE) character intended to use Chaos Innoculation (among other keystones, which I'll get to in a moment), and I was wondering if the ES reduction from Acrobatics makes it completely suicidal for a CI build or if the dodge chance (also spell dodge from Phase Acro) is worthwhile with proper ES management.

Of course, I'll be using Ghost Reaver to keep my ES up, although my guy's operating on a melee build (claw, for the extra leech), so he'll be in close quarters (albeit with Whirling Blades for a quick escape plan). I'm planning to have Blind on his primary attack (Frenzy) -- which also splashes -- to help manage evasion, and I'll be switching off to Flicker Strike as needed (which I imagine should keep him moving around enough to be out of harm's way a bit). He'll have Ondar's Guile to help evade projectiles, as well as a shield (w/ Tempest Shield) to help block some attacks (which would also be reduced from Acro). Aside from ES, his primary defensive stat will be evasion, which will be boosted by Frenzy charges nearly at all times (aside from Frenzy, I'll be using Blood Rage as well). For additional ES, he'll be running Discipline, of course, with Vaal Discpline as backup. Ideally, I'd like to get a Bloodseeker on him, for the instant life (see: ES) leech, but if not, I may make the skillgrimage over to Vaal Pact. I'm also using Warlord's Mark for additional leech and to build Endurance charges for some extra damage reduction/resistances.

I think that just about covers most of the important details... So, does this sound doable with Acrobatics, or should I just keep my energy shield (and block chance) up and focus my passives elsewhere? Also, are there any major weaknesses in this type of build that I may be overlooking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You're giving up 50% of your health pool in exchange for taking 40/30% less damage.

From a purely mathematical perspective, that seems somewhat pointless.

Bear in mind that max ES also significantly impacts the rate at which you can leech, so you're losing even more survivability (assuming you don't get Bloodseeker or VP).

There's nothing wrong with getting a chunk of evasion on a CI build, but Acro is never going to be a good idea.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
You're giving up 50% of your effective life pool to gain acrobatics.

let's see your effective life pool after:

for attacks - (1*0,5)*(1/0,6)=0,8333... ~ 83%. A net loss of 17% effective life pool against attacks.
for spells - (1*0,5)*(1/0,7)=0,714... ~ 71%. A net loss of 29% effective life pool against spells.

The only way this is worth it, is if you manage to get both spell and attack dodge over 50%, or compensate for the lack of one with the other.
If you go atziri boots, you won't have enough attack dodge to compensate, and your spell dodge would still not be enough to offset the penalty for spell damage.

In short: don't do it.
Just do the next best thing and stack Evasion instead of Acrobatics. at least that isn't much of a PITA.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Yeah, I had a feeling it wouldn't pay off. Acro always seemed like it was intended for purely evasion-based builds, given the drawbacks of it. (Granted, I imagine it would be more efficient on a non-CI build in general.) I just never really experimented with it before, so was wondering if the 40/30 was a fair trade for this or other types.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback. An extra five skill points to distribute elsewhere should be nice, heh.
ya too high a penalty. acro, its the dream, but ggg were a step ahead of you, its sounds like it would be amazing for ci, and it would be, too amazing, hence they just made the downside too horrifying to really be worth it.

evasion with ci is going to be even better now though with the shorter wait for recharge, those spaces between getting hit are going to pay off. block will still be open to you if u dont take acro, not nearly as efficient points wise but if you start off with a good es+evsion hybrid with a good block suffix wont take too much to get your chance up to a nice level, the defense from shield nodes that usually come with block will also act as life nodes and ev nodes if you can get a good defense rolls on it so theres a triple payoff even if they dont quite have that insane efficiency acrobatics has for its point spend.
Evasion or block instead

I would honestly go with block, since a shield is something you carry around anyway as an ES-char.

But then again, we have the ES+EV combo nodes by shadow, so grab those also lol
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Yeah, I'm doing the EVA/ES hybrid, with a shield as a simple backup. I already picked up the Nullification nodes, and I may grab the Void Barrier ones as well. Otherwise, I've focused defenses on some ES nodes in the witch's tree. I'd like to stick with hybrid gear, but I switch out here and there to pure EVA or pure ES whenever it seems convenient. (I may eventually use a piece of ARM/ES gear, just because I need some red sockets for this build, and don't have the currency to force more than two off-color sockets.)

I doubt I'll spend any passives on shield bonuses, or at least not many, because I really need to economize what points I've got for other bonuses. With Tempest Shield up, I'll have something like, what, 26-36% block rate, depending on what shield I'm using? (More if the shield has a block rate mod.) I figure that's sufficient as a simple backup for avoiding damage, and I've got TS and Reckoning both (currently) linked with Chance to Flee (and Culling Strike, for laughs), to help keep heat off my back. I'm considering also throwing in a Decoy Totem somewhere, perhaps with Cast When Stunned or Cast When Damage Taken. May even link in some more Blind where possible, just to support my EVA.

...PoE really knows how to make you focus on defenses a lot, haha. I just hope I won't fall short in offense as a result. I plan to stack Melee Physical Damage with Melee Damage On Full Life, to take advantage of CI's 1/1 life for some extra damage, so I'm hoping that helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info