Can PS4 handle Path of Exile?

"
weberto wrote:
For those interested in the gamepad support: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1262531

It's a tool I'm working on, been using it to play POE for a while now, just recently released.

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks, that's pretty neat you should post that on submissions as well.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
im p sure it can handle a modified PoE version with particles with reduced textures and no rain F... rain it just slow down even good pc´s
D3 proved to me porting PC games like this doesnt work the ONLY one ive seen that works so far was the new Final Fantasy Online! And only reason it works is because they was able to still keep it always online even on consoles and even the servers link up to both PC as well as consoles! So PC players can even group with the console players because everything is all the same on the same servers!

Now if POE could possibly pull that off then POE could work on consoles but that would be the only way and im quite sure Square spent ALOT on money to be able to do such a thing!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Goguser wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
mindrust8 wrote:
This game is exclusive to PC. and should stay like that.

Consoles destroyed every beautiful game there is. I won't let this happen again.

By the power of Grayskull!

Meh, that's a scapegoat.

It's not consoles fault, it's market and corporations fault.

Its 100% consoles fault, they had to dumb down games so it could either work with their console or be playable with their shit pads, end of story.

While i agree both of you (its both consoles&companies fault) why do consoles exist anyway?

They are just PC's with special firmwares + controllers. Why companies bring this shit?

Because we pirated. [Removed by Support] In fact, i only bought Carmageddon Reincarnation (carma,carma2, tdr2000 pack) and diablo 3 until now. Too bad they both turned out shit. (alright even tho poe and dota2 are free games, i also spent 40-50 bucks for each)

[Removed by Support] It just sux their recent titles are scam level bad. Yeah both diablo3, and carma rein are so bad, i almost feel like scammed.

You see where i am getting? Companies selling consoles because they can earn real moni.

Old generation players like me shitted all over those companies' face and now it is their turn to take revenge.

Last edited by Rachel on May 26, 2015, 7:38:58 AM
"
mindrust8 wrote:

While i agree both of you (its both consoles&companies fault) why do consoles exist anyway?

They are just PC's with special firmwares + controllers. Why companies bring this shit?

Because we pirated. [Removed by Support] In fact, i only bought Carmageddon Reincarnation (carma,carma2, tdr2000 pack) and diablo 3 until now. Too bad they both turned out shit. (alright even tho poe and dota2 are free games, i also spent 40-50 bucks for each)

[Removed by Support] It just sux their recent titles are scam level bad. Yeah both diablo3, and carma rein are so bad, i almost feel like scammed.

You see where i am getting? Companies selling consoles because they can earn real moni.

Old generation players like me shitted all over those companies' face and now it is their turn to take revenge.

[Removed by Support]
But to contribute something useful: A console costs what? Around 300 to 400 coins. Show me a PC that can handle Farcry 4 as it looks on PS4 for 300-400 euros/dollars.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by Rachel on May 26, 2015, 7:40:10 AM
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
mindrust8 wrote:

[Removed by Support]
But to contribute something useful: A console costs what? Around 300 to 400 coins. Show me a PC that can handle Farcry 4 as it looks on PS4 for 300-400 euros/dollars.

@ghamadvar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg

Farcry4 is a terribly optimized game, however that PC is much more powerful than a PS4 for $350. On that particular game there isn't much difference between the PC and the PS4. It looks slightly better on the PC however it has micro stuttering on Nvidia cards due to a technical problem rather than raw horsepower.

However in other games you'll find that PC crushes the PS4 very easily indeed. If you put in a little extra (which is fair since you'd still need to buy a PC for normal PC use, even if gaming on a console) you could switch that card for a 970 or a 280x. If you did that you'd have no contest at all.

Also one more note onto that, after some time you'd save enough between online subscription and the much higher cost of games to upgrade the RAM to a solid 8gb as well.

@Main Topic: As for can it run, of course it can. You are basically asking if PoE would be more taxing than the Witcher 3. As for would it be popular? Anything with the correct marketing can be popular.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Last edited by infinityi on May 27, 2015, 8:25:08 AM
"
ghamadvar wrote:

An i3 with a GTX 750 Ti performs equal or better than a PS4. Just saying.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
mindrust8 wrote:

[Removed by Support]

a pc is not only made for gaming, a console pretty much is. and ye for that coins u get a decent cpu or gfx or a mainboard + rams^^
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Okay, shots fired, shots taken ;)
I didn't expect the hardware-gurus. Shame on me!

Thanks for the input. Does not change my stance against people hating here and posting Bs. But thanks for your kind lessons. Appreciate it.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
mindrust8 wrote:

Well, if things like the NES are to be believed, consoles are great for their convenience.

Even if you remove the DRM and the console exclusive titles, you still have an easy to use computer. That cannot be overestimated.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info