Question about the "new" forum!

With new "rules", new rulers and new guide lines, can we trust that important information about the game will be released here first, or will some of the devs continue to use third party sites?

When the "top" devs don't respect the forum enough to post certain information here first (or at all), how are we going to respect it?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
osnaps shots fired
They will always use 3rd party sites because their visitors might not play the game.
The majority here already plays the game.

On a side note some "Top Devs" never used the forum. It's even unclear if they have a dev account.

Unless you are talking about reddit.....

I choose not to base my level of respect on the level of others. If you chose to, that's your business.
Um... Just curious... Why not just open another tab for reddit?

Spoiler
yes I'm on reddit too
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
With the exception of PREVIEW hype for major expansions(which are usually released on various gaming sites and then linked from the news page here, usually within a matter of minutes...other than that, IMPORTANT information pretty much always HAS been released here first.

Sometimes you'll get minor hints or teasers about upcoming stuff on reddit first or someone will ask a question there and get an answer from the devs, but even then, someone will usually have posted it to the forums within minutes. It's nowhere near as big a deal as some people are making it out to be...
The 'Top" devs are grown adults who can post information where they see fit.
This has and will always bug me. A lot of games do this, but I think GGG do it more than other companies I've had experience with.

I obviously have nothing against them using reddit, but when they post important info on reddit and completely ignore their own forums it pisses me off so much. It only takes a few seconds to copy and paste the information, so it just seems really lazy and unprofessional from my point of view when this happens.
they want us to buy supporter packs, and prefer to release best news in reddit.
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
Last edited by xtothez on May 24, 2015, 6:26:43 AM
Truth be told, they do post almost everything here first.

Granted, they are not doing so in the General Discussion threads, rather the Development Manifesto, Announcements, Patch Notes, and News Feed.

The only "new" stuff that hits Reddit first is when one of the GGG gang drops a hint at a potential addition/change or takes a suggestion as a potential. That I've seen, anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info