Prismatic Ring bug, change implicit with the same rings [Video]

[Screenshot/w report reference number]
Spoiler

[Video]
http://a.pomf.se/eqsnui.mp4
This is a bit hard to explain. So I made a video. I'm 99% certain it's not the position of the rings.

So be absolutely clear I'm not talking about using different two-stone rings to produce a different implicit. My video shows clearly that the rings that are finally being used (for a 10% implicit) in the recipe are the same rings I put in the first time (for a 9% implicit).
The reason I checked the ilvl at the start was so I could check which ring to remove using the poe item info script, order makes that obvious of course, but I didn't think of that.

So what happens:
I place my desired rings to be merged into the vendor (ctrl+click, don't actually think position matters). Observe the implicit to see if it's what I want (it was 9%). If it's not the max implicit I remove two of the rings. I place two of the same type of ring back into the vendor (putting the ring I desired for the recipe first). I then complete the recipe with the other ring I removed. I observe the implicit again and see that the implicit is different (perfect). I then remove the ring that I didn't desire for the recipe from the vendor and the same implicit remains, regardless of me using the same rings I did the first time (with a 9% implicit).

This isn't expected behavior since you can now change the implicit of the resulting ring without using a different piece for the recipe.

And as much as I love this I don't think it should remain unknown. This doesn't seem to work with the Onyx Amulet recipe (RGB Gems and amulet). And I haven't tested when constructing The Taming (I don't have the pieces).

Maybe I'm missing something. But I watched this clip a good couple of times now and did it once before so I'm quite confident this is a bug. I also destroyed the ring after it was created, I have no use for an ilvl 52 prismatic.

p.s. the alt shards were just there for earlier testing, wasn't sure how I did it the first time.
Last edited by MrSnowman on May 23, 2015, 12:18:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So small update. I didn't quite test using alteration orb shards well enough last time or this is new with the beta. You can place any item (tried ring, wisdom scrolls and trans/alt shards) in-between the rings (as shown in this new video). Yet just placing them into the vendor with a space in-between doesn't do anything.

Also I can't seem to edit my post for some reason, but that'l be a separate bug report.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info