Help with improve survivability

Hello everyone, yesterday I bought a shavronne's 6l, thanks to that now I can do 68k dps (9 power charges and 3 frenzy) instead of 47k, using Pain Attunement and haste.

The problem is that due to the change of armor have lost over 1500 energy shield and armor, evasion and ES passives from CI node

Now my character is more vulnerable and i wanted to know if there are ways to get the same energy shield that was before 5.8k without lose a lot of dps (a lose of 6k is acceptable).

This is mi passive tree
Spoiler

Gear

Offence with 9 power charges and 3 frenzy

Defence

Thank you!!
Last edited by Superdema on May 22, 2015, 10:51:50 AM
RMT I see.

Good luck.
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
First of all, there is nothing much which you can do. The choice to use Shavronne wrappings is to sacrifice ES for offence.

However, i realized your skilltree is a bit bad. You should try to make sufficient mana pool and regeneration without having to take the mana nodes at your witch starting area. Unlearn most of the unncessary mana nodes you have and invest all of them in the Scion ES wheel as well as the good nodes near Templar start.

Also to note that Rainbowstrides is a waste on you since you do not carry any shield. Replace it with some high ES boots
"
Benalishhero wrote:
RMT I see.

Good luck.

Proof??
Your gear sucks defensively. You have 889 total ES coming from items. You can get that much ES from a rare chest. You've made enormous sacrifices in defense so expect to kill everything before it reaches you or spend a lot of time dying.
I will consider your advice. Thank you both
i think you should add more uniques in ur build. it will stun all mobs, they will be like : oh so shiny.
The Alchemist flask nodes multiply the armor you get from Granites. Just enough to stretch out your durability against the trash. Get a Surgeon's Granite of Iron Skin. This'll also give you more mileage out of your combined AR/ES nodes up in Templar.
If you can tap it for ~9000 AR, you will usually reduce physical damage from most mobs by half or more. Of course, this only applies to zerging situations.
(Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_Damage)

A Jade is a good alternative, but I'm not sure if that'd be enough to tap you above 50% evasion without other EV scalars of some kind.

Additionally, replace the thawing flask with a Quicksilver, Quartz, Sapphire, or a Diamond version of the same. Since those flasks are duration based and don't end when your life is full, you get several seconds of immunity instead of a one-off dispel. If you have to flask to get back life, you're already dead anyway.

Quartzes just let you walk out of the middle of surrounds. That's survivability right there.
Quicksilvers give you more uses and, therefore, longer stints of immunity. (For example, being able to render yourself immune to shocks for 18 seconds over three uses.)

Sapphire will help against reflects. A Sapphire of Thawing is also an intuitive choice. Since you can automatically pre-empt both freezes and cold damage that way.

Diamond flasks will make it easier to build up power charges while also packing another duration-based immunity affix of some kind, which you may consider as a replacement for the Doryani's flask.

Eye Of Chayula guarantees that you're always able to cast in those circumstances where you might be stunned. (For example, a Devourer surround.) You don't always have to wear it, but I'd suggest swapping for it depending on the map.

It also prevents your casts of Vaal Discipline from being interrupted, which I also highly recommend. (2 Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration + Faster Casting.)
On the other extreme, a leveled CWDT IC combination can buy you several precious seconds to save your own hide. Vaal Immortal Call can also buy you invulnerability to death at the cost of souls.

Elreon rings are a high-cost way to get rid of those mana nodes that the above poster mentioned. Getting a full set means removing ~16-24 mana per cast, which is pretty huge all things considered.

Because you're so heavily dps-based, the things you should be most afraid of are those that prevent your ability to fight or move. If you can't cast, you can't leech. If you can't leech, you die.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 22, 2015, 8:52:34 PM
Don't know if this will help, but I recently found out CwDT(1) + Frost Wall(5) is very good against melee mobs and porcupines.

Improved your skill tree:

Dropped Faith and Steel, Light of Divinity, Elementalist, and True Strike (Ice Spear has high enough crit, especially with 9 power charges). Got Arcane Vision (since you're low life), Melding, Written in Blood, full Scion Wheel and full Unnatural Calm wheel for maximum ES.

Also consider dropping herald of ice (and haste) so you can drop some aura nodes to get Dark Arts (dual wielding wands +insane cast speed).
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on May 22, 2015, 11:24:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info