Can you add lockstep into normal servers please?

I don't care about the beta really but I want to play with lockstep. Are they adding it into the normal servers before the beta is over?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Beta is a testing ground.

I don't imagine it would be a smart idea to put a feature that is still bugged into the core game.
They are still working on lockstep (there was a patch just yesterday) so I don't think they'll bring it to the live servers until it's finished.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Hmm, so GGG rewrites the entire netcode, put it live, and boom, all bugs fixed within a few short days. It's easy right? To just go in and find all the problems on thousands of lines of code and thousands more interations. You have to realize that possibly no other game has so much stuff going on, AND has this kind of lockstep mode. I'm on the beta myself and have seen multiple glitches such as simply teleporting to the other side of a pack with no clue how or when I got there. There are still issues, will be for a while, and will still be issues when it finally hits live. And even with the glorious lockstep being implemented, there's still the problem of playing with your friends across the world and having 100+ ping while playing with them.

Learn to adapt. It's why humans have thrived, and for being the most adaptive creature in history, there are some that just seem to fall completely short...
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
I'm on the beta myself and have seen multiple glitches such as simply teleporting to the other side of a pack with no clue how or when I got there.

I had that happen to me when mobs were too tightly pack to let me go between them to the other side. I clicked on the other side of the pack, started doing circles, and got to the other side. 'twas awesome.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Bechtol449 wrote:
I don't care about the beta really but I want to play with lockstep. Are they adding it into the normal servers before the beta is over?

No, it will be deployed with all the other Awakening changes. Deterministic Lockstep really has involved a major rewrite and restructure of a lot of Path of Exile, so I doubt we could deploy it early even if we wanted to.

"
Bechtol449 wrote:

Lockstep was probably the main reason why they decided to have the beta in the first place.
It's still a player choice .... so why not give us the choice now ?

Even with a few bugs I'm going to guess 90%++ of your player base would go with lockstep to get away from the horrid desync lately. I had one guy on mumble say, "I think they increased whatever causes desync in the live realm so that when you jump on beta it feels 100 times better".

To those with beta access it feels like GGG is dangling a carrot on a stick right now, and they're the donkeys. To those without beta access it feels like elitism at it's finest where those with beta access have a nice new shiny engine and the rest are left with a polished turd.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
Learn to adapt. It's why humans have thrived, and for being the most adaptive creature in history, there are some that just seem to fall completely short...

I am pretty sure that we are not the most adaptive creatures out there. ;)

@topic: Add it, when it is done. Too many flaws. Even if it is player's choice, things can go really wrong. The whining- and outrage-potential is too huge to risk that.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Bechtol449 wrote:

No, it will be deployed with all the other Awakening changes. Deterministic Lockstep really has involved a major rewrite and restructure of a lot of Path of Exile, so I doubt we could deploy it early even if we wanted to.

Thank you very much Carl; no worries here. I'm sure you folks want it out as much as we do, but deploying it before it's ready is not a good idea...goes back to the whole purpose of "beta testing."

I continue to be amazed by how far this game has come just since I've known about it, and you've been a big part of that remarkable progress. Keep up the great work!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info