New Unique Armour: The Restless Ward

EB + ZO 2.0.0 chest piece...

Don't forget no more CWDT + EC once 2.0.0 comes out. No more easy perma charge for melee builds. Could also allow you to save your charges for a crucial IC moment. Would allow you to be lazy using EC or use it less often. Helps mid-range builds who cannot rely on Vengence + Endurance on Stun set-ups to maintain their endurance charges.

Frenzy charges...nah I don't think there's any point. They buffed Frenzy Charges in the Beta though, it's 4% more damage per charge, but it's just easier to generate them through blood rage. I suppose the chest piece could be powerful for boss fights, once it gets harder to generate charges for some builds.

Could be possibly very powerful for sustaining skills using a hybrid mana/es pool, removing the need for mana leech at all.

Since it's an evasion chest piece (no point using it without EB/ZO), it would be decent, but not too great for Evasion builds which need to mitigate damage to avoid one-shots while having a small to medium bonus from sustaining their power charges.

Useless for armour builds, they don't really need the life regen at all. And they can spec into reduced mana nodes which are comboed with some life if they have mana issues. Armour builds also don't really use ES (or lack INT), so the ZO/EB combo won't work for them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
notice the flavor text on the chest regarding "hanging on with bated breath"

probably some synergy there? I dunno.

EDIT: is this belt that rare? only 6 for sale atm with a BO on standard. Maybe most people vendor it.
And jeez, how many unique chains belts are there lol, please give us a GG OP rustic sash
Last edited by Xaxarius on May 22, 2015, 1:15:12 PM
looks like crap lol but since i made the mistake to call The Bringer of Rain crap im hesitant to call it crap
never mind is crap

Last edited by Sammael on May 22, 2015, 1:04:33 PM
This item is merely convenient to use, since longer charge durations have no other benefits. I would never use it.
It's one of these uniques that add neither high Life nor any Resistances, and still don't have a legit benefit. Life regeneration? There's plenty on the tree which is decently accessable and if you have that you will want more Life, not flat regen. Movement speed? Yeah sounds nice, but 1% is laughable. If it was 3% then that would be a sweet bonus. Add to that the level requirement of 71, which is completely ridiculous for what the item does.

I'm not sure if this item became what the supporter wanted. If it is, then congrats that the item made it to the game. At the current state of the game it will be vendored by the majority of people though. Maybe it will have a cool 3D art, but if that's the main use then that's a little sad.
Last edited by TheError on May 22, 2015, 1:05:29 PM
I'm amazed so few people are seeing the EB/ZO synergy here. That combo with enduring cry and this chest makes mana management trivial and gives you a good amount of survivability. You can invest fully into auras using your entire mana pool and not have to invest anything into actually sustaining your skills. This means an effective extra link from the extra aura and another link from not having to use reduced mana or blood magic on your main skill. I doubt it will ultimately be a BiS chest but it's obviously got some interesting possibilities and is definitely going to lead to viable EB builds. Hopefully it's common enough that I'll actually be able to try it out.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on May 22, 2015, 1:26:41 PM
I'd be interested to see exponential modifiers. For example:

For amount of charges x the duration of all charges is going to be base×1.15^x

Duration is rather innocuous, but there are speeds and whatnot that can become very fun when exponentiated. Kind of like increasing returns where extreme min-maxing is rewarded more.
"
chimpanzee wrote:
To everyone insulting this unique: It's made by a supporter. Calling it "vendor trash" (even if it is) shows a lack of respect for the supporter who made it.
It's better to keep it for yourselves.

Umm, as against insulting GGG's developers for their many contributions? I find it kind of funny that you'd make the distinction, especially for a game that's provided free of charge. So I guess a supporter has feelings, but GGG's employees don't. Interesting.
Why Endurance Charge so this is armour dex-int nearest Shadow?
I guess you could also throw on some kaom's sign rings for the charges and some corrupted stuff
"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
chimpanzee wrote:
To everyone insulting this unique: It's made by a supporter. Calling it "vendor trash" (even if it is) shows a lack of respect for the supporter who made it.
It's better to keep it for yourselves.

A lot of time these supporter uniques are not even what the supporter wanted in the first place and they themselves are quite pissed about the final product GGG approves. So in that case the supporter might agree with people that it's garbage (I don't think this one is "garbage" for the record)

No one is personally insulting the supporter who made this unique, so stop being such a white knight when it's not even necessary. This ultra PC crap has gotta stop.

You tell everyone to keep their opinion for themselves, maybe you should have done the same with your post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info