Melee still not good

"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
Still, 2h weapons are beasts in dps. For the very rich, go to see a Pain sunder (vaal axe). 880 dps O.O

that seemingly high dps is nothing more than a newbie trap

all that exalts to get a copy better spent on a top mirrored wand, bow, SRS staff, dagger, 1h foil etc. take your pick

Well i'm not super expert i admit it, and i understand that maybe bows and daggers are better for the critical factor, but won't an high level 2h weapon with RT and cyclone reach the same killing speed (non clearing speed, because they obviously lack long distance hitting)? O.o
sure, with any mirrored weap you should be able to kill stuff fast and easily, no diffrence with RT cyclone which has less tooltip dps than crit.

we're talking about balance though for the majority, which shouldn't involve mirrored weaps as part of the debate for obvious reasons
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
sure, with any mirrored weap you should be able to kill stuff fast and easily, no diffrence with RT cyclone which has less tooltip dps than crit.

we're talking about balance though for the majority, which shouldn't involve mirrored weaps as part of the debate for obvious reasons

Got it ty :)
"
calistho wrote:
With that damage reduction the only things I can get 1shoted by are Brutus/Kole/Vaal smash. These attacks are slow for a reason (not spoiling them).
If you get 1shot from anything else get more HP/ES.

If you have Endurance Charges and flasks, not even those things one-shot.
Let's say you get 6 End charges. So 44% flat physical mitigation total with Fortify up.
So yeah. How would you get one shot?

If you go absolutely maxed out then you can get 60% flat physical DR. 7 endurance charges, that one armor node that gives 4% DR and Fortify. Another 4% with a Kaom's Sign. Corrupt it for another 4%. You can really max this out to pretty insane heights.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 22, 2015, 10:22:58 PM
Ive been trying to do a evasion based melee build, and keep getting one-shotted by non avoidable attacks (exploding spike goliaths with incr crit multi).

Sigh, I guess for 2.0 I need to run armor, since I can't even use cwdt combo

Suuuure, I can still manually cast. But is it fun? Nope.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:
Ive been trying to do a evasion based melee build, and keep getting one-shotted by non avoidable attacks (exploding spike goliaths with incr crit multi).

Try Vengence with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. Won't fix it, but will alleviate the problem a bit.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Exialis wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:

Try Vengence with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. Won't fix it, but will alleviate the problem a bit.

running a CoC build, so not alot of damage from weapons :/
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:
"
Exialis wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:

running a CoC build, so not alot of damage from weapons :/

Run Fortify on your CoC build. Base-Fortify-CoC-Skill-LL. You need a 5 link but it might help.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
pookyfied wrote:
Fortify is not good enough GGG. Ranged builds are still far superior to melee. Melee builds can still get 1 shot with 90% phys dps reduction and fortify. That is no fun...

Ranged Attack characters and casters also can get onehot by phyiscal damage and currently even easily 2- or 3shot in beta (and get stunlocked). It is great fun (really, it is!). Casters don't have access to physical damage mitgation in any kind of form besides armour and good old arctic armour (which is very hard to sustain constantly) atm. Ranged attack characters can go hybrid AR/EV at best. Both can utilize Acrobatics for defenses but the keystone doesn't prevent oneshots either.

Even with fortify up mobs and bosses feel very scary and it is even more scary when your fortify drops for a few seconds when you don't refresh it in time.

TLDR: Fortify alone won't save you or make you immune to certain situations - layers of multiple defences is the way to go as always :^)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on May 24, 2015, 3:21:20 PM
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
"
pookyfied wrote:
Fortify is not good enough GGG. Ranged builds are still far superior to melee. Melee builds can still get 1 shot with 90% phys dps reduction and fortify. That is no fun...

Ranged Attack characters and casters also can get onehot by phyiscal damage and currently even easily 2- or 3shot in beta (and get stunlocked). It is great fun (really, it is!). Casters don't have access to physical damage mitgation in any kind of form besides armour and good old arctic armour (which is very hard to sustain constantly) atm. Ranged attack characters can go hybrid AR/EV at best. Both can utilize Acrobatics for defenses but the keystone doesn't prevent oneshots either.

Even with fortify up mobs and bosses feel very scary and it is even more scary when your fortify drops for a few seconds when you don't refresh it in time.

TLDR: Fortify alone won't save you or make you immune to certain situations - layers of multiple defences is the way to go as always :^)

I cleared a 78 map with my archer with random alched mods while being almost naked, meaning no chest, no rings, no helmet, no gloves, no belt I was on -22 all ele res and -60% chaos resistances, using a 6l bow quiver, atziri boots for move speed purposes , and an amulet for stats only since I would not be able to use half of gems for tornado shot just for fun and right now I am thinking of making a video of this run as a simple way of showing the ,,BALANCE`` of this game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info