PoE gets nod in 15 overlooked RPGs list at PC Gamer

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Path of Exile

A gritty, deep action-RPG that's free-to-play. The good sort of free to play, which only charges money for cosmetic effects. There are multiple acts swarming with creatures to smash, but the real star is the remarkable progression system, which lets you tailor your hero's aptitude using a vast board of interlinked skill nodes. A rigorous gem-slotting system adds further gear customisation and the classes boast significantly different skillsets. It’s brilliant if you love theorycrafting and playing with dense character-building systems.

http://www.pcgamer.com/15-overlooked-rpgs-that-are-worth-playing-today/

I love the last sentence of this little review. "It's ... if". Two little words. So much wisdom.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I feel that it felt out of place on this list. "Worth playing today" sounds as though they are old games no longer in development which of course, does not hold true for PoE. For instance one may say that FF7 is still worth playing today. With the game still being updated constantly, it really doesn't fit with the rest of these games.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Last edited by infinityi on May 22, 2015, 7:47:48 AM
"
infinityi wrote:
I feel that it felt out of place on this list. "Worth playing today" sounds as though they are old games no longer in development which of course, does not hold true for PoE. For instance one may say that FF7 is still worth playing today. With the game still being updated constantly, it really doesn't fit with the rest of these games.

I agree, all those game have very little in common, except maybe that they are not AAA games. PoE is far beyond most of those games in term of scope, engine, art, updates, well... a lot of things, and I wouldn't consider PoE overlooked, many people stick to it, and the player base isn't that small. I don't find this article to be really pertinent.
Wow.. where did PC-Gamer get this view:

If we had that kind of perspective (sort of an over the shoulder 3rd person view) that would really make playing very cool. Obviously it's a publicity picture and we don't get anything like that playing PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I am also stoked they included Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Wow.. where did PC-Gamer get this view:

If we had that kind of perspective (sort of an over the shoulder 3rd person view) that would really make playing very cool. Obviously it's a publicity picture and we don't get anything like that playing PoE.

You can zoom into your character. Pretty sure this screenshot is achievable in-game.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Not this angle with this distance so guess what who delivered the material
it's a weird mess of a list honestly.

Path Of Exile, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, and Mount & Blade: Warband

alongside...

"Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden" ???
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
it's a weird mess of a list honestly.

Path Of Exile, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, and Mount & Blade: Warband

alongside...

"Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden" ???
Hey, it's good. In a quirky kind of way.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
**Yes, that pose is a badass screenshot and digital art..

You can play zoomed from that view, but its more of a handicap...I would like it to be utilized also but maybe it would be to much.

Congrats GGG

<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info