PoE gets nod in 15 overlooked RPGs list at PC Gamer

"
Path of Exile

A gritty, deep action-RPG that's free-to-play. The good sort of free to play, which only charges money for cosmetic effects. There are multiple acts swarming with creatures to smash, but the real star is the remarkable progression system, which lets you tailor your hero's aptitude using a vast board of interlinked skill nodes. A rigorous gem-slotting system adds further gear customisation and the classes boast significantly different skillsets. It’s brilliant if you love theorycrafting and playing with dense character-building systems.

http://www.pcgamer.com/15-overlooked-rpgs-that-are-worth-playing-today/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Path of Exile

A gritty, deep action-RPG that's free-to-play. The good sort of free to play, which only charges money for cosmetic effects. There are multiple acts swarming with creatures to smash, but the real star is the remarkable progression system, which lets you tailor your hero's aptitude using a vast board of interlinked skill nodes. A rigorous gem-slotting system adds further gear customisation and the classes boast significantly different skillsets. It’s brilliant if you love theorycrafting and playing with dense character-building systems.

They say that like there are other examples. Are there any? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Hmm League of Legends I guess?
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Path of Exile

League of Legends, DotA 2, Loadout, Nosgoth, Team Fortress 2....

And many more that are "borderline" with resonable transactions for stuff that you can also grind for in not too much time.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
TheWretch wrote:

wait since when is League of legends an RPG?
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

I didn't say it was an RPG..? I thought we were just thinking of f2p games that are cosmetic MTXs only
"
k1rage wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Since when POE is an RPG?
There is more Action than Role playing in POE

Forum pvp
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Path of Exile

dota 2 is 100% free to play, poe isn't, you can't really play the game a lot without buying stash tabs
PoE isn't exactly F2P yes, and the business model even if it is VERY fair for people with mediocre incomes still falls in some abuses. But better racket the rich and compulsive ones :). (look at the price of some packs, it's laughable)

well just read the list. PoE doesn't belong here yet, it's not a game of the past. It is a game that still needs tons of maturation.

Each game of the list is pretty niche except mb Anachronox, wich is not particulary a niche game but is extremly dated nonetheless. Dj crawlers and "realists pewpew tactics" are very niche for me for example.

PoE isn't a niche game, vast majority of PC gamers play HnS at least casually and you can't really do more HnS than PoE lol.

And yes DotA has always been free to play, and I still need to see a multiplayer game with as much deepness, I play this game since more than 10 years, and I know tons of people who play almost only that and still find ways getting better at it and constantly use and try new things(that work) in organised games. Tho getting old, and with kids and stuffs I rather play more casualised mobas with my real life friends who are not big pros(LoL, HotS, both decent games, dota2 is only for my internet friends ^^)
Last edited by galuf on May 22, 2015, 5:26:54 AM
Mount & Blade: Warband is an awesome game. It's the main thing I play when I'm not PoEing.
We tested it extensively

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info