Fairly new player looking for a viable build.

Hi, I've been playing PoE for about 2-3 weeks now and I can't decide on a build that I should stick to. So far I have leveled and incinerate templar to lvl60 but sadly I grew tired of it and now I'm ready for something new. I'm looking for a build that can enable me to run maps with above average speed. I also want to be able to do atziri. Atm I don't have a lot of currency, I have about ~50-60c, which I can use. So could you please recommend a build?Also I've been looking into the cyclone skill and I seem to really like the concept of it, so could you also recommend a build that is built around it?I've been browsering around the forums and I don't know which cyclone build would be best suited for me.
Facebreaker is probably what your looking for!
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Facebreaker is probably what your looking for!

+1

Save money and get a facebreaker before act4 arrives because i got the feeling unarmed builds will be popular with the new jewels.
Here are some Builds that are economically viable for farming maps and require little to no specific gear at all :

For Melee ->

Go for 1H Sword and Block based Reave Build [Duelist / Ranger]
Investment Required : 4 Linked Armor, Good Rare 1h Sword + Cheap Unique Shield
Atziri viability : Easy
Best Feature : AOE Clear Speed, Good Vs Bosses
Drawback : You need to stay at close range all the time, so you take more damage
Gem Setup : Reave - Multistrike - Melee Phy Dmg - Added Fire Dmg

Go for 2H Mace Groundslam Build [Marauder / Templar]
Investment Required : 4 Linked Armor, Good Rare 2H Mace
Atziri viability : Decent
Best Feature : AOE Clear Speed, Decent Vs Bosses
Drawback : You have decent range but will kill stuff somewhat slow without good Attack speed
Gem Setup : Groundslam - Multistrike - Melee Phy Dmg - Increased AOE

For Bow ->

Go for Tornado Shot Build [Ranger / Scion ]
Investment Required : 4 Linked Armor, Good Rare Bow [You can get cheap Unique bows at Lv 50+]
Atziri viability : Hard
Best Feature : Tornado Shot has pretty decent range and really nice damage among other bow skills
Drawback : You will need to focus on getting both Dmg and HP from Skill Tree, which won't be before high levels and Tornado Shot itself can seem weird to aim at first
Gem Setup : Tornado Shot - GMP - Faster Attacks - Physical Proj Attack Damage

Go for Buzzsaw Elemental Spectral Throw [Scion / Ranger / Shadow]
Investment Required : 4 Links, Requires a Good Sword with High Atk speed (2.0+) and Elemental Dmg.
Best Feature : Spectral Throw is pretty fun and is a very safe skill, requires very little investment
other than a very good weapon and Auras to amplify it's damage.
Drawback : You will need a good amount of Mana and Life Leech to sustain your Spectral Throw, Blood magic gem for a 5th link might be needed
Gem Setup : Spectral Throw - LMP - Weapon Elemental Dmg - Faster Attacks

For Magic ->

Go for Lightning Arc Caster [Witch / Templar]
Investment Required : 4 Linked Armor, Nothing unique is required
Best Feature : Does insane amounts of damage because Lightning dmg shocks ! Arc requires very little gear other than a good weapon (Can be wand or Staff) with loads of Spell Dmg and Lightning Dmg
Drawback : You will need some sort of defense like Arctic Armor to mitigate damage and often, you will find Bosses hard to kill but all other mobs will be super easy
Gem Setup : Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - lightning Penetration

Go for Dual Flame Totems [Witch / Marauder / Templar ]
Investment Required : 4 Linked Armor, 15%+ Quality Flame Totem Gem [So Totems don't die often]
Atziri viability : No
Best Feature : Stay back, Click once or twice and watch your Totem tank and kill everything for you, As simple as that. Absolutely no skill required, you are safe as long as you don't hug mobs.
Drawback : Mana Consumption is pretty high for Totems and you might have problems initially, Totems don't get better till Gem level 17+
Gem Setup : Flame Totem - GMP - Faster Casting - Fire Penetration
Last edited by BlackPagan on May 21, 2015, 12:39:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info