Difficulty, or lack thereof

What, exactly, happened to this game? I've returned just before the expansion to try out the current multileague and I'm getting so bored, I'm barely able to login after a week of playing.

I've facerolled Kole, Piety, Dominus, everything. I did not have to switch my brain on for even a single boss. I've read that they are going to restore the previous difficulty, but why the hell has it been lowered to such a pitiful level? o_O
Last edited by Asmodeoos on May 20, 2015, 11:25:44 AM
Tried Atziri / Uber?
Nope... Talking about the basic game, trash mobs, smaller bosses and zones. What forced the devs to turn it all into a kindergarten? :) A single challenging boss does not make up for the rest of the game...
Last edited by Asmodeoos on May 20, 2015, 10:53:32 AM
Try... endgame.. like.. maps?

lol Piety.. .Dom... Kole...

Stopped playing before there where maps?
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Basically, the giant forest spider in the merciless 2nd act was the point I've decided that I've wasted too much of my time mindlessly clicking stuff and wanted to ask why everything up to this point has been nerfed to the ground. One day even normal Piety used to kick butts. Now she's beyond pathetic. I've taken 3 of her ice arrow hits at point blank and did not have to drink a single potion.

Sure, maybe there's 'end game', which is still interesting, but why everything up to this point has to be a mind-numbing, monotonous fiesta of lights and clicking?
Last edited by Asmodeoos on May 20, 2015, 11:24:20 AM
"
Asmodeoos wrote:
Sure, maybe there's 'end game', which is still interesting, but why everything up to this point has to be a mind-numbing, monotonous fiesta of lights and clicking?

To make it more accessible to newcomers, the game does ramp up a bit in later difficulties. Beta is currently more challenging than the live version and it will probably stay that way.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
They did it mostly to hook the beginners and to prevent them rage quit early on. Meanwhile they eventually tend to stay, buy seraph wings and all the shiny stuff, etc.
The only threat all along normal/cruel is cruel Dom, where you either pass the gear check, or not.

Merci (A3) and maps are still challenging, though.
But yeah, game dropped in difficulty in general, long time ago.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 20, 2015, 11:41:59 AM
Difficulty depends heavily on your setup. Run Arc and it's ezmode throughout. Run Viper Strike, and you'll probably not mind as much (especially if you don't get a weapon upgrade for a while)...
It's so people like me can play. I think it's already too hard, and there are more of us than there are of you. It's a simple business decision. Virtually all games over the last 20 years have done the same thing. The very idea of an ARPG is an oxymoron. Action games and RPGs are almost opposite types of games. So why did they merge? To get more people playing. Again, it's basic business. It's all about numbers.
It's hard not to feel disappointed, when I've finally found a hack'n'slash (arpg, lol) that catered to my needs and then it crashed and burned like everything else. And I was sure that this was the main selling point - a lot of challenging, hardcore content.
But here's hoping, if they are actually going to restore the game to its previous state. I have to wait and see, I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info