Newbie question to Upgrading gems to 20%

Hi all,

I would appreciate any opinions and feedback on my recent thoughts in regards to my first character.

My gems are all currently level 16 and I am level 66 I believe. At some point, I want to make them 20% in quality.

I believe there is a method to making a level 20 gem prestige in a way back to level zero but with increased quality correct?
If so I will research how to do that myself however I ask of you all one question.

By that time, how do you suggest i go about doing it? Is it best to slot duplicate gems in any few excess slots I have and leave some gems at 20 for personal use while I level up a backup set ? Or is it perfectly viable to just upgrade them to the higher quality ones when they hit 20?

I only ask this because I have very few if any extra slots left to level an alternate set of gems, thanks!
I was a bit late in my gem levelling because I kept switching some of them out to try different things. So I was around level 90 when they hit 20. And at that level it only takes me a day or so to get a +20% quality gem back from level 1 to 16 or so. So I would suggest not bothering with backups unless you absolutely need those gems at level 20. (If you're relying on Purity of Fire for using Righteous Fire, for instance.)
It's never a bad idea to have a backup if you plan to corrupt them when they get to 20/20. You want to have a backup in case you get a negative outcome.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Answers my question perfectly! thanks!!!!!
what i usually do is :

- Skill gems => use the gcp's that i find while lvling and from 40% vendor recipe(not a big fan of trading so might aswell use em to get more gcp's)

- support gems => At level 20, back to lvl 1 with 20 quality
"
Hi all,

I would appreciate any opinions and feedback on my recent thoughts in regards to my first character.

My gems are all currently level 16 and I am level 66 I believe. At some point, I want to make them 20% in quality.

I believe there is a method to making a level 20 gem prestige in a way back to level zero but with increased quality correct?
If so I will research how to do that myself however I ask of you all one question.

By that time, how do you suggest i go about doing it? Is it best to slot duplicate gems in any few excess slots I have and leave some gems at 20 for personal use while I level up a backup set ? Or is it perfectly viable to just upgrade them to the higher quality ones when they hit 20?

I only ask this because I have very few if any extra slots left to level an alternate set of gems, thanks!

take a gems cutter prism with a lvl 20 gem to a vendor and trade, they will trade you a lvl 1 gem 20Q. What some people do is level the same gem when they start...i.e. your secondary weapon slot put a gem you want to upgrade so you will have a 20 lvl while you level your new 20Q up to acceptable range.
yeah just get out fresh gems, fill up 2 random white 3 socket weapons and put them in your weapon swap slots to level, the sooner you do that the better obviously.
FYI

To get gem from level 1-20 is so much more harder then Q 1-20

I never trade my lvl20 for lvl 1 +20q
IGN: SMALLDUCK
If you are the Caster, dont trade your main damage spells for 20Q lvl 1 basically ALL you damage comes from gem levels.

It will take ages to recover to your old damage levels.

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
im a facebreaker build,

currently i've got duplicates of cyclone and faster attacks which are the ones that benefit from Q20 the most.
Cyclone being a bigger aoe, and faster attacks being even faster, I've also got melee physical damage and something else in backslots as alternate leveling gems.

Upon researching each individual gem, I found out a lot of them really don't benefit too much from q20 other than a handful so it was easy to slot them in the alternate weapon set, thanks for all the help everyone!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info