First high level char, not sure where to go!

Hey guys and gals!

Am kinda running into a few problems here - this is my first character strong enough to run into maps, but I know my last few points are very precious and am not sure what has the highest priority to get. Do I have enough survivability? Enough DPS? Enough sustain?

It would cost me 6 points to get Sovereignty, or 6 points to get Unyielding. It would also cost me 6 points to get Whispers of doom. Or I could pick up Influence, Elemental Dominion and Practical Application for the same amount. I also have a large amount of DPS and shock nodes i can take, if people think survivability will be good enough once I have better equipment.

Or perhaps you think i messed up badly, and would like to tell me what and where i should change? that could help too!

I am a lightning Tendril build, linked to spell echo, life leech, and lightning pen.
I have Storm Call curse on hit with conductivity, and herald of lightning curse on hit with warlords mark. I also have cast on stun linked to enduring cry and immortal call. Plus a few random moves like molten shell, purity of lightning, vaal arc, and discipline
I use two mana flask, a jade, granite, and quartz flask for emergencies. All but one are "Surgeons" though i know my crit chance is not particularly high.

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUB-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmn9_vfDwFmjuCm-0gtoaWdHxLaPJDY5rPcU3tPNWm7DiePIx2tzHAGnGFzLfVdbFC5CIabJ2u98GnCNgkNsUfAjI05Ox2EQQHTLOXlVJTPV-X9G0ZEVA1uacrHU_ZWxslS67pAt-KUDDbXhEPfq-NGeAS2V_djLWF71DBtC19TC0UsIIeiELBxSy_hq4V11Zj7Bhwu4_60NBHBtvnX2qLegFv4veESFxrw20=
Last edited by Glorfygolgoth on May 19, 2015, 11:55:25 AM

Plan on changing that first mana potion to a flask of resist lightning, as soon as I find a decent one
Last edited by Glorfygolgoth on May 19, 2015, 9:19:54 AM
I'd say you need to upgrade your gear first, since you're CI. 5L ES chest would be great, something around 500 ES or more would be nice, I guess. You can also go replace your shield with a spell shield with spell damage and ES and resists, probably rathpith globe?

If you're looking for a Topaz flask, does this mean you're having trouble with reflect?

Finally, I suggest considering Crit as an option so you can do more dps at higher levels.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Gear is something mostly out of my control sadly, as this is my first high level char. I do not have the resources to buy anything good, and have to hope for the best. My shield is probably my best item currently - its giving a fairly large lump sum of both armour and ES. If i get a high level shield with bonus spell damage I will swap, but I hope to replace my worst items first.

My resistances are currently all maxed except for cold, however you can see that has cost me in terms of my rings and amulets - they suck. So do my gloves :P

The topaz flask is more to be prepared - i really havent ran into that many reflect mobs yet but can only guess they will suck.

Any thoughts on my passive skills? That is where I am really having my trouble.
You can get like 500 ES+ which would be like 2k more ES on your pool if you just get a 2-3 chaos chest. Dirt cheap.

Tree looks decent, just needs better gear.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
chunda's right, theyre quite cheap if they're not 5linked. a 4Linked one on poe.xyz is the one you're after.

you can also mastercraft cold resists on your boosts if you really need to max them out.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
add me, there are some spare CI stuff flying around in my stashes

I'm to lazy to sell something in Standard for a few c

Spoiler

Last edited by Ceratoidei on May 19, 2015, 11:18:20 AM
Thanks all.

So, the consensus seems to be that the armor is not worth focusing on, and i should aim for max ES on my build? I can work with that.

I shall assume that also means I should rule out working towards Unyielding for the extra 50% or so armour. To be honest, the main reason i was considering that was for the STR on the way as a secondary benefit, would let me run level 20 str gems more easily.

What I am really hoping to pick peoples brains about is where i should put my last tennish skill points - i doubt I will be strong enough to get more than that unless I am incredibly lucky on drops. Also, any spots where i could remove points and get more effective benefits elsewhere?

should I am for two curses? Buffs? More DPS? Crit nodes? This is the part I am really stuck on...

Tis 1am at the moment, so I may not respond till I have had some sleep, but very much appreciate the time everyone has taken to help me out.
Take Shadow spell nodes.

Armour is indeed worthless for your build and you should max out your ES pool instead.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
CI templar... extremely inefficient but there you are. Stack massive ES and get rid of armor. Armor sadly cant compete with ehp more es would give. Maybe keep a armor/es gloves as it's easy to 4R for CWDT set.

For future reference 99% of CIs dont go over to templar or bother with Zealot oath. We get ES from Ghost Rever and LL as caster or blood rage as attacker.

I think its cool you tried something different though instead of a cookie cutter. But until armor buff comes its just not a good investment @AR/ES. I doubt it will ever be because the way ES works. e.g. More you have faster you leech and how high you can stack EHP 10-13K ES not uncommon.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 19, 2015, 12:18:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info