How much for permanent Cutthroat league, GGG?

Hello, fellow gamers and staff.

As far as I remember, at the beginning of PoE era there was said that mysterious "special leagues" a.k.a. realms with different "rulesets" will appear. Some permanent, some are not.
Well, we had them, and it was awesome.

Also if I'm not mistaken there were some mentions about leagues created with special rules and being supported by player donations. So, after rolling in time up to the present moment, I want to ask you, GGG.

How much for permanent Cutthroat league?
That's rather straightforward question, yes.

1) Are you still can run these permanent leagues based on montly pay to play / buy to play / donation system?

2) Hypotetically what are the expenses to support such a realm?

3) Are there are some balance issues that require additional attention? Like Legacy items in these realms which surely will appear after months of patching? Or something else?

Also one question for players. Will you pay for permanent Cutthroat league?

Thank you.

(as always excuse me for language mistakes)
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on May 19, 2015, 4:13:23 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 9:30:41 AM
Nah, I wouldn't - but I'd have a crack at a week/fortnight long version of it. I'm not really drawn to the whole "permanent" league idea though, so my opinion is kind of biased.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Nope will not pay. HC is already barren enough.
Why people are so eager to see a cutthroat league when it is quite obvious that this would be deserted 3 days after launch ?
IGN TylordRampage
I think it would be uber borring league and majority of ppl would quit fast, they could not progres, higher lvl and better geared characters would spam kill everyone, 6 man partys camping at crucial points not leting u progres and so on......and curent maps are too small to have 10+ ppl in, pvp is too unbalanced

I dont think it will hapen ever
IGN: Puskurcina
The balance devs refuse to listen to the feedback so it's not gonna come. Also they want to remove maps from CT instead of creating a mapinvasion system where you always try to invade maps.

There are 3 problems with CT.

Freezing players is still a thing and Glacial Hammer is far too powerful. You will be permafrozen by classes with high attackspeed.

You need to collect backups because you will lose everything and playing with horrible items becomes a pain in the ass in later difficulties.
This means even in SC CT you need to receive some kind of basic gear/the PVE stuff has to be scaled down by a lot in higher difficulties/the resist nodes must read like +22 fire resist +107 if you aren't wearing anything.

There are issues such as the red x is only visible on short distance (~1,5 screens)but the sounds of skill use can be heard several screens away.

90 min is the critical duration for CT being abandoned.

The only way >90 min CTs would work atm would be CT Endless ledge.

To answer you question. The only way I would pay for a CT league is when players balance it and not devs forcing us to play with their design philosophy.

@Malone
3 hours not 3 days.

League filled with griefers. Sounds fun.

In D2 I just Portaled back to town. When I want pvp, I'll duel. Someone griefing instances when it is not welcome is not what I would describe as fun.

Besides, I don't think you'll like the price tag considering the limited player base it would sustain (IMO). Also, I would expect it to be a subscription for a permanent league with guaranteed shutdown if the subs dropped to a certain point.

Temp league with fixed price that doesn't start until funding threshold is met is the best bet.
Would this kind of league still be fun after a week/month?
When you're trying to create a new character in a league, won't it be massively hunted by other, more powerful characters, possibly to the point where you simply can't play?
Wouldn't it create many situations where a character has to grind again much lower level areas in order to get back slightly decent stuff?
Wouldn't it be prone to abusive behaviours, like forming groups dedicated to ruining players?

I'm honestly not certain it would be fun after a certain point : if you start getting killed, then chances are, you are going to keep getting killed very often.

PS : Also, anything that fractions the playerbase should be avoided if possible.

sry had to be done.
I sure those will be possible. As every player has it's own taste. Don't listen to noobs or trolls.

Paid leagues are coming, when ever noobs like it or not.

There you go:

http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues

"
Paid Leagues

In addition, we plan to allow guilds or groups of players to pay for the creation of their own league with a choice of game rule modifiers. Only players invited by the people who paid for the league can create characters in these private leagues. This option helps cater towards any groups of players who want to play online together but don’t want their playgroup to have access to items traded from external players.

So... stop trolling, spreading crap and get ready to host your own league as you like and wish. No, no one can and/or will stop you.

If op wishes to have perma cutthroat league, its hes own initiative and not your, neither mine.

Edit:

There is a rumor going on, paid leagues will be available once expansion is sorted out. If that is true or not. Tbh i have no idea.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
Last edited by Metalica24 on May 19, 2015, 11:57:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info