Plz buff Kaoms Heart back to 1000.

There is another point I want to raise. Why do you want to improve Kaom's heart just because its legacy counterpart is tremendously strong?

There are plenty of end game uniques that never had any legacy counterpart and are still useless despite their rarity, such as incandescent heart and Mark of the doubting knight. If Kaom is currently meant to be a vendor item, then just leave it be. It is impossible to have a game where every unique is awesome, right?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
There is another point I want to raise. Why do you want to improve Kaom's heart just because its legacy counterpart is tremendously strong?

There are plenty of end game uniques that never had any legacy counterpart and are still useless despite their rarity, such as incandescent heart and Mark of the doubting knight. If Kaom is currently meant to be a vendor item, then just leave it be. It is impossible to have a game where every unique is awesome, right?

Now that is some failed logic right there. I don't want to improve kaom's because its legacy counterpart is good, I want to improve it because its current version is shit with the tree changes GGG has made. Its constantly been nerfed thru tree changes, had GGG made these changes over time before they would have never had to nerf this T1 unqiue.

Incandescent heart does have its own niche use, I suggest you do some searching on that before making incorrect statements that it isn't endgame viable.

Mark of the doubting knight was created by GGG, its failure is it's attack speed, but again this isn't a T1 unqiue.

If Kaom heart is a T1 unqiue, just like soultaker and its worth less then 10ex GGG has done multiple things to nerf these items not just making them legacy (tree changes, mechanic changes, ect) its not acceptable IMO and many others in this thread for these unqiues to be worth essentially nothing.

Every unqiue doesn't need to be awesome that is correct, T1 unqiues do need to be otherwise they might as well not be T1.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Every unqiue doesn't need to be awesome that is correct, T1 unqiues do need to be otherwise they might as well not be T1.

That is precisely my point isn't it? If GGG wants to bring Kaom's heart to the ground and let it be crap; then just let it be!

Anyway the current Kaom's heart is not too bad. I dont mind trading my incandescent heart for your Kaoms's heart if you hate the new Kaom's heart so much.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

That is precisely my point isn't it? If GGG wants to bring Kaom's heart to the ground and let it be crap; then just let it be!

Anyway the current Kaom's heart is not too bad. I dont mind trading my incandescent heart for your Kaoms's heart if you hate the new Kaom's heart so much.

I don't like it because it isn't as powerful as it should be:

I've got both no need to trade. Again I don't think Incadescent heart is a T1 unqiue so I am not sure why you are comparing the two.

If GGG wants a T1 unqiue to be "trash" then it shouldn't be a T1 unqiue anymore, the whole point of T1 unqiues is its power is somewhat balanced by its rarity, if its power doesn't match its rarity why is it so rare?

The whole thread is a discussion on why the current Kaom's heart is much less powerful then it should be, I suggest you read a few pages so we don't have to repeat ourselves.

FeelsBadMan

Who says having a high rarity must be tier 1?

The terminology Tier is not even endorsed by GGG. It is something we players make up to facilitate the game ourselves.

Even if GGG really reads this, chances are they would increase the drop rate of Kaom's heart by a bit instead of making it stronger. As described in an IGN interview, POE is about how the game is being punshing and yet players continue to find ways to break the game. Having a messed up Kaom's heart is just about right for this game.

Is your intention really just to match the rarity against the potential of the item? I am genuinely interested in building a character with Kaom's heart just the way it is currently.
I mean I do not understand why you want to buff an unique just to make its rarity match its strength. The whole point of Path of Exile is about how messed up the game is and yet players continue to find ways to break it.
Kaoms heart not being good enough doesn't break the game, whether it's the rarest unique in the game or not. Does voltaxic being rubish because they decided to remove reflect break the game? nope. What break the game are cheap, common drop T2 T3 uniques that are superior to perfect rare of their kind and make them worthless.

Belly T3? - LC - CoD - BoR when was released - facebreaker

As long as these cheap unqiues exist in the game no one bothers to craft a rare chest or even spend fusing on a decent rare chest for example or craft a 1her RT because of FB. You adjust these broken uqniues and all of a sudden both Kaoms heart and more importantly GG rare chest become desirable.

If something is supposed to top the best rare, it should have T1 rarity.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on May 28, 2015, 4:32:00 AM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
Kaoms heart not being good enough doesn't break the game, whether it's the rarest unique in the game or not. Does voltaxic being rubish because they decided to remove reflect break the game? nope. What break the game are cheap, common drop T2 T3 uniques that are superior to perfect rare of their kind and make them worthless.

Belly T3? - LC - CoD - BoR when was released - facebreaker

As long as these cheap unqiues exist in the game no one bothers to craft a rare chest or even spend fusing on a decent rare chest for example or craft a 1her RT because of FB. You adjust these broken uqniues and all of a sudden both Kaoms heart and more importantly GG rare chest become desirable.

If something is supposed to top the best rare, it should have T1 rarity.

Even though CoD and LC were both nerfed no improvements were made to increase the desireablility of Kaoms heart. You can nerf those other chest again (which they technically are nerfing cloak with EB changes) and it won't change the fact that because of the % life node values on the tree Kaoms Heart, with its current stats is terrible for all but a very few niche builds.

Voltaxic is a high ilevel map only drop Kaoms Heart is not, its a T1 unique that can drop in any zone 60+, there was a brief and I mean very brief time when GGG made it so you couldn't get it outside of maps, the backlash was huge (both it and shavs were map only) because in an ARPG you want to be able to feel like you can get rewarding drops at any point, if it was map only, when the majority of players won't get that far, you move the carrot to far for the players.

Voltaxic is a very niche unqiue, unlike Koams heart its only used in basically 2 types of builds, however with the nerf to thunderfist, the addition of atziri gloves and other changes (like LA nerf) reflect becomes less of an issue with other bows and generally money is better spent elsewhere.

Kaoms Heart is an iconic chest, its a symbol of the game, along with Shavs should be a desired unqiue that when it drops for you should be an amazing feeling, I've never found a T1 unqiue and I can tell you without a doubt the feeling of a Kaoms heart dropping for me is no where near the same level as a mjolner or shavs would be, that is a problem.

People stop crafting chest because having 2000 armor chest was less efficient then having a LC, they didn't craft saintly because the tax of EB+MOM on tree was too high, changes that they are making in beta hopefully enable rares to compete better, but are you going to invest 100's of ex into a rare chest or go low life and get those benefits? Eventually there is a top, for most builds it truly would be an T1 6 stat rare chest, but the cost to get there is too high for many players, so they substitute unqiue chest and build around them. Not to mention having 2000+ armor or evasion chest are mainly pointless with the current CWDT\EC\IC\ID, of course its partly being adjusted in beta, it won't remove the combo (GGG please why did you remove EC, when IC is clearly the issue, but thats another thread)

When I first started to play this game I really wanted a Kaoms Heart, I would like to know what the new players really desire, as I've said before Kaoms is no where near other T1 uniques in terms of wow factor, thats an issue.

FeelsBadMan

Kaom must be buffed back or buffed Fire dmg, as to change Increased to MORE.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
While I would welcome having my Kaom's Heart buffed, I don't really feel like it needs to be buffed. People say belly is better, well lets look at the facts.

Belly has resistances.
Belly has up to 40% life percent.
Belly has crap armor and evasion for endgame.

Kaom's has 500 life.
Kaom's has up to 40% increased fire damage.
Kaom's has no sockets.
Kaom's has crap armor for endgame.

For a melee build, I'd say that Kaom's isn't very good anymore, unless you're using a 2 hander -- and that means you have to find resistances, somewhere to make up for it. In that sense, yes I would endorse using a belly of the beast instead.

But to say that belly is more powerful in general than Kaom's, lets take another look.

My build is a blood magic build. I use a staff, similar to a Searing Touch. My build scales fire damage. Kaom's for the fire damage alone is starting to look pretty good. But which one wins on life?

With no chest, I currently have 6,755 life.
With belly of the beast (36%), I have 7,466 life.
With Kaom's heart, I have 8,465 life.

Spoiler

These numbers look kind of shocking at first don't they? I mean, Kaom's is giving me almost 1000 more life than belly of the beast, and yet people are touting belly of the beast as the greatest thing since sliced bread? It's also scaling my fire damage, giving me an impressive 36%. I have a 6L armor chest I can craft to fit my purpose, but I'll be damned if I think it'll beat Kaom's for it's sheer efficiency for my build. It may not be a best in slot to a lot of people, but when it dropped for me, I smiled.

But back to the debate on Kaom's. Kaom's has three major deficiencies stated above. Firstly it's armor is horrible and is best used with a 2 hand, so your armor is going to be horrible. At least with belly you have the option of using a shield to buff yourself up without feeling penalized for doing so.

Secondly you have to make up the resistances elsewhere. And if you're using a 2H, this starts looking almost like it has to be stat tree investment, or extremely high rolled resistance gear.

Finally, you have no sockets. This is a signature mod so theres nothing we can address here.

So if we're really thinking about buffing Kaom's, I don't think the life mod is the problem. I mean, I just clearly outclassed belly of the beast. An extra 4% for a perfect belly wouldn't do all that much better. If you're going to improve Kaom's it needs more mitigation, which is either armor or resistances. I lean toward more armor myself as it is much easier to find resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info